mri results...not what we were hoping

tatsoi
Contributor

mri results...not what we were hoping

my dad got his mri results back today. there is a tiny pin prick size mark near to where his brain tumour was removed. he had his first surgery 2 july 2012. dx a few days later with gbm...had radiation and chemo the doctors not sure if it's scarring or a recurrence...or what. they are going to get back to him and my mum on thursday. i haven't seen him for a few weeks, I miss him. I will visit this week...something to look forward to at least. by then we will perhaps have news of what will happen next... more surgery...different treatment?? i wasn't expecting this so soon...(and anyway it might not be that bad...mybe?) i feel upset...i want it not to be...any of it...i want it to be a nightmare and i'll wake up soon. but when i struggle with it ..it's so much worse. when i can let myself feel how sad I am that my beautiful wonderful dad has this illness..it helps somehow...it helps me focus on the love i have for him...i love him...that's why this hurts so much... x
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Supporting_Mum_
Occasional Contributor

Re: mri results...not what we were hoping

I'm so sorry to be reading this Tatsoi, I really do hope that it isn't the worst... Does he have any more rounds of treatment to complete? How is your Dad doing in general? Hang in there, keep yourself focused on your visit and being able to spend precious time with him. Much love Dx
0 Kudos
tatsoi
Contributor

hi D, i'm not sure how many more rounds he has...more, not sure if they will continue with it...if it's not working. i guess i'll know more soon now i'm just looking forward to seeing him and see how he's going..it's hard to tell from telephone conversations thankyou for your message it helps to be heard hope your mum is going alright x
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Hope it turns out to be nothing . Wishing you well .
0 Kudos
Minx
Contributor

Well must be the week for bad MRIs, I was sorry to read the news of your fathers results earlier in the week Tatsoi. My hubby had MRI yesterday news today not good a new tumour close to original site. Second craniotomy coming up before christmas if we can. Damn GBMs. He had just finished his 11th round of chemo, he had his driving test book for next week now to be cancelled. I just feel so terrible for him.
0 Kudos
tatsoi
Contributor

Doctors aren't sure what the patch on MRI is. Saying maybe a blood clot? anyway...no action for now! His next MRI has been brought forward a few weeks...so maybe we will know more then. but for now, i can breathe. and I got to see him doing so well last weekend enjoying have himself with his family and his friends ..dive bombing in his friend's pool! I feel blessed to have this time with him... I think he not only inspires me, but his friends too ..that he can carry on - still laugh, still enjoy people are amazing my dad is amazing minx - hope your husband is recovering from his 2nd cranio - what a shock. take care x
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.