Struggling with it all.

David50
New Contributor

Struggling with it all.

I have no family or friends for support.

My brother who i helped support him when he had prostrate cancer and he had tumour successfully removed told me during an argument ....your gunna die in misery and pain. Just his way of helping....kill me.

There is no cure for PNET.

I can not toletate the injections which are my only hope in extending my life and surgery is pointless.

All conversations with Drs now are about " when the time comes" ie for each stage i will go through until....."" the time comes "

I have no future. My life is basicly over. I will just be existing until the time comes.

7 REPLIES 7
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: Struggling with it all.

Well, until the time comes, you can decide how you want to spend your time  - either you can choose to not let it defeat you; or you can.

You can choose to be as happy as you can; or you can let it defeat you now.

Personally, I will fight to live every day until I can no longer fight.

Where abouts is your tumour ?  From what I've read, there's a 53% chance of survival after 5 years for PNETS, & why did the doctors say surgery would be pointless?  Perhaps, you should find a second opinion?

Don't give up hope David50.  While you draw breath, there is always hope.

Budgie

iloveyoudearly7
Frequent Contributor

Hi David50,

Please do continue your posts on here, we all wish to be by your side as you endeavour throughout  your long journey. Maybe some stories about your day or little adventures that you took?? Do you have any pets? If so, maybe you can share some with us?? 

suz123
Occasional Contributor

Dear David50,

No one is ever truly alone. You posted on here and look you have made some connections already. I have stage 4 Bowel cancer and it is terminal. It is my journey's end and I am at peace with myself for the first time in a very very long time. Finding this forum has been a Godsend for me because I can talk about things here I can't talk about with my family. If you want to I would be happy to connect with you in this forum and perhaps it will take away a little of your loneliness and fear. I have been given 2-4 years but by God I am going to fight for longer, 12 years is my goal. Longer if I can. I hope you can find the strength to fight too. I am uncertain of what PNET is but you could explain if you wanted to or direct me to a place I could find out for myself.

Please just know, NO ONE IS EVER TRULY ALONE my friend.

Kind regards, Suz123.

Dana99
New Contributor

How are you coping?

I know your in a great deal of pain apart from  that do you have home care ? 
Sending you hugs 

0 Kudos
Dana99
New Contributor

How are you coping ?

im here to listen if you like or need a chat 

0 Kudos
Tam007
New Contributor

I’m currently battling breast cancer stage 4 , I’m here If you need to vent 

KaceJax
Contributor

Hope you are doing good. Thank you for still offering your support. We are also here for you just incase you need someone to lean on. Sending hugs!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.