Just Lost My The Love Of My Life.

Kristella
Occasional Contributor

Just Lost My The Love Of My Life.

Hello, After Nick's strong battle with Pancreatic Cancer, I lost my fiancee on Tuesday 17th May, 2011. He passed away peacefully at home under the care of myself, his parents and an amazing Pallative Care team. Thank you to everyone on this forum who have been helpful and supportive throughout our journey. I have lost the love of my life, and not one thing makes sense.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
maddie86
Contributor

Re: Just Lost My The Love Of My Life.

my thoughts r with you, stay strong xx
0 Kudos
storm
Contributor

Kristella I'm new here, but, shit...your loss of Nick... my thoughts Geoff
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Deepest Sympathy Kristella my thoughts are with you. kj
0 Kudos
katykat
Not applicable

Hi Kristella, I know exactly how you feel. I have just lost my husband on 15 May 2011. He had oesaphagul and liver cancer which spread to the brain 18 months ago. The only consolation is that I had 2 extra years with him, albeit at times very difficult with the brain tumours. I had good friends around me for the past 3 weeks who will continue to support me as all family is in the UK, but now alone in the house, even doing simple things are a constant reminder. I keep expecting him to walk back in the door.
0 Kudos
purpleangels
Contributor

Thoughts, hugs, prayers and vibes are with you. PA
0 Kudos
Val
New Contributor

Hi Kristella Words just don't seem enough at a time like this. Please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of your loved one. Do you think it may help to still keep coming in here and sharing with others at least then you are with like minded people who very obviously care about each other. {{{{ Big Hugs }}}}
0 Kudos
Kristella
Occasional Contributor

Six weeks on, and can you actually believe that it is only getting harder? Losing the love of your life is just horrible. I can say that no-one deserves this, and no-ne deserved to go through what Nick went through. When will this all be explained? When will it all make sense?
0 Kudos
maddie86
Contributor

hey just wondering if uve read or heard of a book called "wife inturrupted".. its about a young widow shes 23 and her husband passed away from cancer.. its a really great read and might help you.. stay strong, this will eventually get easier xo
0 Kudos
Jadeski
New Contributor

8 weeks have passed since my partner passed away from brain cancer and I can totally understand when you say it seems to have gotten harder. Just when you think you are managing a 'tad' better, such as driving in the car alone with minimal tears and bang your hit by a 5 metre wave and your back at the drawing board of lost and so sad. I have been there and thought I was pulling it together and right now I am down and lost again. I don't understand how it gets easier. So I am sorry I do not have any words that can help you process and cope, I think we are all individual and support from family and friends is our best avenue. If you or anyone else has any advice on how to cope please share. What has worked for you? What hasn't worked? Keep strong, take pleasure in the little things, live each day to the fullest and smile and laugh at the many good memories 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.