Lost my Father in July to NET and pancreatic cancer

wills
New Contributor

Lost my Father in July to NET and pancreatic cancer

I lost my father to cancer in July of this year and I don’t know what to do any more.  My mother is heart broken and I wish so badly it was me instead of him so they could grow old together.  I cry on the inside so much.  It was not suppose to be like this.  I can barely function and I have so much anger and resentment of myself because of this.  I thought he would survive because he was the strongest man in the world.  And because of my denial I did not spend as much time with him as I should have.  I can’t live with this guilt.  I wish I could hug him so bad. 

3 REPLIES 3
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Lost my Father in July to NET and pancreatic cancer

Hi Wills,

I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad.

I am sure, that for your father, the most important thing, was that he knew that you loved him. I'm sure that was more of a comfort to him than anything else. That he knew he was loved.

Have you considered seeing someone to help you deal with the loss and grieving process?

-sch

0 Kudos
wills
New Contributor

I don’t know.  I close up when thinking about it but I need to help my mom.  Is there any suggestion or referral you may know of?

0 Kudos
BJO67
Contributor

Hang in there....

I know it absolutely rips your heart out.

Your mum wouldnt want you to feel like that though.

Sending you healing

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.