Lost my soulmate

Craig38
New Contributor

Lost my soulmate

Hi all, three months ago I lost my wife of nearly 21 years. We were homebodies, totally content in each other's company, but now I have noone.

She was also my carer, and I'm finding it hard to look after myself.

She lasted 19 months after being diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer.

How do you all cope?

3 REPLIES 3
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Lost my soulmate

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife. This is very sad.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your condition required care?  Is there some home help that would be able to assist?

The loss is very difficult. It gets easier over time, but the memories will remain.

Have discuss this with your GP?

Maybe some grief counselling might be able you to process and deal with this grief.

-s

0 Kudos
Craig38
New Contributor

I have ME, Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia.

So far I'm just coping, just doing what needs to be done to exist. I am also having counseling.

Thank you for your concern.

Ian_in_Adelaide
New Contributor

Hi Craig,

My partner of 18 years was also taken recently by bowel cancer and I am also devastated.

However, I am still in reasonably good (physical) health and am able to look after myself. I can't imagine what it is like for you, you must be feeling fairly vulnerable right now.

Do you get any NDIS assistance ? If not, you should get the ball rolling ASAP.  I'd be really surprised if your counsellor didn't tell you the same. Try https://www.ndis.gov.au/applying-access-ndis/how-apply.

Good luck Craig

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.