MY DARLING DADDY IS AT PEACE.. BUT WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN...WHY????

Roni
Occasional Contributor

MY DARLING DADDY IS AT PEACE.. BUT WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN...WHY????

After battling mouth cancer for 2 years... my darling daddy was fighting hard to make Christmas...and what does this so called GOD have in store.... He was killed in a car accident last week... so close to Christmas, on one hand I am so bloody angry that he was taken and we didn't get a chance to say Goodbye...but on the other hand he is no longer suffering and is at peace.... He suffered so terribly with this insipid disease... he could barely talk or swallow but he still never complained. My heart is aching so much for him, I so desperately want to just go and be with him but I know that my mum, brother and husband still need me to be here. I still can't believe it, why did he have to suffer the way he did, he had such a kind heart and I will miss him dearly until we are together again one day.... I'm just so numb I can barely function... I am a HWP officer and I don't even know after 20 years how I can go back to that.... I can't attend another fatal accident, I just can't. Lost, I'm just so lost...
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

Re: MY DARLING DADDY IS AT PEACE.. BUT WHY DID THIS HAVE TO ...

Hi Roni, Just a short note to let you know that we are sorry to hear of your loss and understand how important it is for you to be supported at this time. Cancer Council’s Helpline - 13 11 20 - can support you during normal business hours and can recommend a range of other support services and programs that may be of assistance. If you need to speak to someone urgently, please do not hesitate to contact a Lifeline Counsellor on 13 11 14. This support is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Additionally, you can also access Lifeline's Crisis Support Chat between 8pm and Midnight each night: www.lifeline.org.au/Get-Help/Online-Services/crisis-chat If you require any assistance using the website, please do not hesitate to contact us at admin@cancerconnections.com.au Kind regards, Felix Cancer Connections Coordinator
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Roni I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. There just seems to be no rhyme or reason sometimes. Your father sounds like an incredible man and am sure he will be sorely missed by you and your family. Sending you hugsss Julie
0 Kudos
smartyaligatorp
Contributor

Oh Roni, No words can say the words of my heart. What a wonderful and generous soul your beautiful dad was. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Amanda.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.