kj
Super Contributor

Re: 16 Year Old girl, recently diagnosed

laurahalbergg look in pm box kj
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I had to google your cancer as I hadn't heard of it . It seems that it is not common at your age . I read that when it's in your spine the prognosis is better than if it's in the brain .(if I read it correctly ). I have a granddaughter your age so I get what you were saying about your future . It must have been a shock and it's very scary too. I am sure you will get the best care available and hopefully go back to your normal life afterwards .
0 Kudos
Rubes1984
Contributor

Hi Laura and welcome! Hope u find this is a good place to blog and chat. Nothing much can be said except cancer blows and blows even more for a young person of ur age. I'm 28 a bit of an oldie but id love to chat if ur interested. Rubes
0 Kudos
mazsa
Deceased

Hi Laura, I'm from WA too. I have just done a google search on your condition & at least it is a fairly common occurrence & treatable. Where in WA are you & what treatment has your oncologist started you on? It will be hard being so young & being diagnosed with cancer but as I said from what I have read yours is common & treatable so hopefully soon for you it will all just be a thing of the past & you can get on with your life & finish school. This is a good site where everyone helps everyone in what ever capacity they are able to so make the most of it. If you want to talk just send me a private message. Maz
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.