Endometrial cancer

Lab44

Endometrial cancer

Hi,

My story....diagnosed w DCIS breast cancer in 2010, had bi-lateral mastectomy in 2011.

Just diagnosed w endometrial adenocarcenoma figo grade 1 with tubulopapillay & mucinous features, in background of endometrial hyperplasia w focal atypia.

Recommended treatment is full hystarectomy.

It sucks that I'm dealing w a 2nd cancer but handling it ok. I want to live & be w my children (twins who 9 y.o.).

Looking to hear the good, bad  & ugly of those who have had a complete hysterectomy.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Margaret_CCNSW
Contributor

Re: Endometrial cancer

Hi @Lab44,

I'm sorry to hear of your endometrial adenocarcinoma diagnosis.

This publication from Cancer Council might be helpful if you haven't seen it already Understanding Cancer of the Uterus, with further information about treatment here.

Please do feel free to call the Cancer Council Information and Support Line on 131120 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) if you have any questions or would like to find out what type of support we can offer you.

Would anyone else like to share their experiences of hysterectomy with @Lab44 here?

Kind regards,

Margaret

Online Community admin team

0 Kudos
Tobi
Occasional Contributor

Re: Endometrial cancer

Hi

I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometrial cancer 6 years ago. I had just turned 37. I had a radical hysterectomy and omenectomy (cells were in the omentum). I then had chemo and radiation. 

The hysto brought on immediately menopause. I felt like I was going insane for 6 weeks as I had huge anxiety. My doc put me on effexor (antidepressant) and I felt better immediately. 

6 years on I am still here! The cancer has come back a further 4 times but still here 🙂

Tobi

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.