Endometrial cancer

Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: Endometrial cancer

Hi Claire,

I am sorry for hijacking your thread 😉.   I must say that I have been thoroughly enjoying the banter between you all.  Keep it up. 

I hope you are recovering well.  All the best.

Budgie

Katekat
Valued Contributor

The banter has been amazing, our team here at Cancer Council has been thrilled to see you all interacting whilst supporting each other and sharing your experiences Smiley Happy

I don't mind thread hijacking, but if you'd prefer to do it in a separate topic thread, I've created one for you all --> over here <--

Cheers,

Kate

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Meh!

Let's go for the record. Claire's not back to say no.

🤣

Lehiatus
Contributor

Aww you guys!!

I go away for 5 lousy days and come back to posts of dogs, cats, TODDLERS, I think I saw a budgie too- have you people all gone bonkers? Yes? 

Brilliant!!! I agree with Phil, let’s go for a record, I like that kinda thinking! 

On a more sombre note, I’m writing this laid up in a hospital room, I’m still waiting on more results (next Wednesday)  I’ve lost how ever many kilos in a few short days, but I’m up walking, eating and clearly giving you all a mouthful of cheek so I’d say this last dance was a pretty good one. Sore, tired, had to learn how to inject myself (why didn’t anyone warn me?) probably off to home tomorrow (YAY!) and in awe of your ability to create the longest thread so far.

Missed you all- hope you’re well? Updates? 

Cheers, Claire 

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Ginger Rogers,

Welcome back. Good to hear you're up and about. Been curious. I hope we brightened your middle of the night.

I'm wide awake. Fell asleep a few hours ago watching a movie. Now up and about. Not chemo related, I don't think.

It snowed in Canberra tonight. Exciting stuff. It started settling on the ground but only a little. Unfortunately because of the chemo, the door handle was so cold to touch. And the snow was like electricity falling on my fingertips . Weird!

Take care Ginger! Try to sleep!

Yeah! I know! Right?

Lehiatus
Contributor

Hi Phil! You’re awake Yay and also not so great. What is it with the night time? I can’t sleep for longer than 2 hours at a go...

its been trying to snow here in Ballarat too, my hospital bed overlooks the town (thankful for a window believe me) but nothing yet!

Weird about chemo fingers, I wonder if that’s a new side effect or related to the guitar playing? It’s definitely cooler than jazz hands . 😂 see what I did there? Don’t thank me, the mistress of pun needs no applause. 🤣

Totally happy to be back, and thanks for keeping the thread going, epic effort, and for checking in too. It was really good after loads of well meaning family and friend questions to come back to the brutal honesty about what everyone is going through. I’m so grateful for it. 

Cheers,

Claire 

Current view from hospital roomCurrent view from hospital room

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Hi Claire

Sleeping is for the healthy and wall flowers. Makes it difficult for the family to visit when it suites you though. You may need to work on that.

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

I thought I had an emoticon for Jazz hands, but I think maybe it's a hug. Not inappropriate though.

🤥

I'm off to bed now. My family is here at home with me, so I guess I'm on their schedule. Hopefully we will both see a white carpet outside in the morning. You may need to trade in your pumps for uggies.

💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

Keep on smiling, keep on dancing.

Ciao

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Hello Lampwork, what'cha knowing
I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain't you got no rhymes for me?
Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy

Welcome back. How are feeling?

My sleeping patterns are off so I found you and Claire as soon as you post.

Get some sleep people! Your lives are upside down!

😒

😞

😴

Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

This hijacked thread makes me anxious!  Love the view from your window Claire.  So glad that you've made it through your surgery.  Why do you have to inject yourself?  

I think the worst thing for cancer patients is the hours in the night when you're awake.  That should be illegal once you're diagnosed.  It's much easier to say positive in daylight.  It's those hours in the darkness when too many thoughts come creeping in.  It's really cold at the moment.  So much gratitude for warm bed, warm house, warm clothes, warm food.  

I don't have much to say right now.  My days revolve around getting ready to go for Radiation and coming home from radiation.  That's it.  Today I'm going to get in lots of fruit and vegetables for smoothies and juices.  I'm almost over soups but still love the chicken broths.  Going to eat lots of advocados as I think they will be soft enough to swallow.  Especially like the watermelon juice as it's great for cleaning out toxins in your body such as radiation and dead cells.  

Thank you Claire and Phil.  You make the journey just a little more bearable.

Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

teepee.jpg

Goodmorning Phil.  Might make this in Spring!  

No, I don't have any rhymes for you.  Sorry.  

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.