New Here

Annie
Occasional Contributor

New Here

Hi all, I'm a new carer..... brain tumour.... bit stressful, but hey, finding this site was great, now we need more people to join in, I'm telling everyone at the hospital to have a look...
0 Kudos
cmarti15
Occasional Contributor

New Here

Hi Butterfly  Your mum is very smart, we are what we think and do.  Survivor 10 years on is very encouraging. Kevin You have a new baby coming - you have to be there to make this baby and your other kids into brilliant people - no-one else can do that except for their dad - that has got to be the best motivation to fight the C word.  Chow 4 Now Chris  
0 Kudos
Oldman
Contributor

New Here

Hey Chris,Yer a new baby on the way, Donna is now at 22weeks we had our scan on Thursday (which is very late) and I did not want to know the sex but i saw....that should give you a clue???The new diet I'm on seems to be working which is good.Have a nice week end.Kevin
0 Kudos
Oldman
Contributor

New Here

Hello Annie,I'm fairly new here too but have found this forum to be very helpful to my state of mind.I hope you find it the same.Kevin
0 Kudos
Annie
Occasional Contributor

New Here

Hi Kevin, I just think that if I get on here at times, it might just help my sanity!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable

New Here

Hi All, Kevin you sound much more positive today which is great, congratulations on bubs, that first scan is always pretty exciting. How are you finding the chemo? I agree with Chris about staying positive for your kids try and keep your mind on the end result, which is you being well. I know its easier said than done! people often say things to me like. just dont think about it, go for a walk or something, I just smile and say,Oh thanks what a great idea Chris my mum has had a few false alarms over the past 10 years but she just keeps on top of things, I think now that she has reached the 10 year mark she only needs to have mamagrams every 2years now which she is very happy about.  She did have surgery, radiotherapy and was taking tamoxifan, which I think they were just trialing back then. I think she took the tamoxifan for 5 years. Did you say you had kids Chris? Are they coping okay with the news. I have to say enjoy the special treatment while it lasts, soon they will be back to their normal cheeky selves, (mine were anyway)..  Is anyone having treatments at RNS in Sydney? & hello Annie, Im sorry to hear about your husband. I am not a carer but I can understand it would be extremely difficult. I think it is important to try and look after yourself as much as possible, sleep when you can and lots of fresh air is always good. I am suffering a bit of lymphoedema today in my left ankle which is a bit annoying. I had all of my pelvic L-nodes removed I think about 50 in total so the swelling in my legs is just a side effect from that I think. a bit annoying though. Healing thoughts are going everyones way. butterfly
0 Kudos
Not applicable

New Here

I just realised my posts are always really long.. sorry my husband always says Im a have a chat!
0 Kudos
Annie
Occasional Contributor

New Here

hope you feeling better butterfly.  Thanks for the words of encouragement..... it does get hard, but hey gotta hang in there eh!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable

New Here

Hi everyone, this is my first time having a look on this site and just thought I'd give my support. Don't worry about the posts being too long - they can be as long as you like!! all the best
0 Kudos
mikey
Contributor

New Here

Hi Shayne, welcome aboard
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.