New Here

cmarti15
Occasional Contributor

New Here

Hi All Kevin - I think you may have given the gender away a little!! Congrats - a lovely little boy coming into the world.  Is Donna suffering morning sickness? You sound much more happy - which is great - keep doing whatever it is you are doing. I think adjusting to each bit of info the doctors throw at us takes a bit of digesting and time to recover from. I just keep telling myself it is only one year of my life and that things WILL return to sort of normality after and hopefully I will be a better person because of this. Hope the rest of you all are fighting fit. Hope your legs are better Butterfly!  I am 4 days past my first Chemo session and am cruzin along just fine. Little tiny bit nauseous but nothing like morning sickness - thank god!! Well I've added "A cure for cancer and type 1 diabetes" (my daughter is diabetic) to my Santa Letter - I'm sure he'll oblige eventually but until he does, I am going to help in any way I can, like signing up for the BCNA  survey and research group etc. I hope you all have fun shopping and preparing for Christmas. Chow 4 Now - Chris M
0 Kudos
Not applicable

New Here

Hi Chris, I am gald to hear you are coping well with the chemo. That feeling of morning sickness is what I likened it to.  Do you get a break from treatments during christmas? Im having my next scans and check up next week which is always a bit scarey even though Im quite sure everything is fine I still get a bit nervous before hand. My legs have been okay lately, due to the cold weather I think, the swelling is always worse with the heat. I think it makes me a bit paranoid 2 having these skinny legs and big swollen ankles, but hey at least Im alive. I really hope Kevin is doing okay, have not heard anything from him in a while. Hello to everyone else, Annie I hope your husband is going well and you are looking after yourself. Merry Christmas
0 Kudos
Not applicable

New Here

Hello to you 2 Shayne, Thankyou for your comment re; my long messages!  
0 Kudos
Oldman
Contributor

New Here

Hello Guys,Sorry I have not been around much of late, our Daughter kindly installed some spyware on our pc which has taken me some time to work out.Plus I have been going through a well um ahh my bum is really sore so I have lost a lot of motivation.I have two weeks to and I told Donna that I'm going to struggle to make it through, the good thing is that I have 5days off over Christmas so I guess that will help.Hey don't tell Donna that you worked out the sex of the Baby or I will get into big trouble.Great to hear from you all and thanks for thinking of me.Kevin
0 Kudos
mikey
Contributor

New Here

Hi shayne, mikey, oldman.... back from my week's escape... was lovely, the only thing is I didn't want to come back to all the s*&*t!!! 
0 Kudos
Nikki_YAC
Frequent Contributor

New Here

Hi Kevin, i just wanted to say that you are doing really well mate! i would like to share with you part of my cancer experience in the hope that it may give you some more strength to keep fighting on your journey... I am a young adult cancer survivor myself of 5 years. I was diagnosed at age 28 in 2002 with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. My treatment protocol was 54 weeks of chemo....I spent 8 and a half months on and off in a hospital bed getting a battering... Throughout my treatment (at the Royal Melbourne Hospital) I experienced great isolation and a lack of psycho-social support. I was being treated on the adult ward, surrounded with elderly patient
0 Kudos
Not applicable

New Here

It's great to hear from you Kevin. Sounds like you are having a bit of a tough time which is not good. After a while the chemo builds up in your body it starts to take its toll on you but they will be keeping any eye on your bloods and at least you know that the drugs are being effective and hopefully reducing the size of the tumor. Try and keep your chin up I know its easier said than done but better times are just around the corner for you, I agree with Nikki about the body being a wonderous thing with its capacity to heal. Try and take some time out for you to help get your mind in the right place, this is really important because with will power you can do anything. Accept though that you will have bad days and that is normal too. Try and enjoy your break & Merry Christmas. Nikki, I read your amazing story, great to hear you are doing so well! Butterfly
0 Kudos
Oldman
Contributor

New Here

Dear Nikki,I'm sitting here at 2.30am feeling like crap and then I come across you story and it shows me that it is the correct state of mind that is going to get me through this such as you have.I hope I can find the amazing positive approach you used to get you through on your own.I have the tools infront of me but being a typical male I'm choosing not to use them as much as I should, so in a way your story has given me a kick up the butt to try and get back on track.I would love to be part of a group that caters for specific age group as I have noticed that most people with bowel cancer are 60 or above. I do mean to be rude in saying that at all but I do have issues that they are not able to relate too.Thanks for your message and I hope you continue to post.Kevin
0 Kudos
Oldman
Contributor

New Here

Hello Butterfly,I had the Doc check out my butt today so I'm not on another cream. I only have 5 treatments left and these are reduced in area to only focus on the tumour so the side effects should start to reduce.I found out that my operation is set for Jan 29th (which is good) but it appears that we will have to shorten our trip to Victoria so we can be back in time. I find out more today.I will let you know how it goes.Hope you have a good day.Kevin
0 Kudos
Not applicable

New Here

All good news Kevin, it will be all over with before you know it. Glad to hear that the radiation is nearly over, well I guess it probably is by now as I am just replying to your last post from before christmas. I found the radiation really tiring so sleeping is probably the best thing you can do and then you will be strong and ready to go for your surgery.. bye bye tumor!!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.