New member diagnosed with cervical cancer

Arj84
New Contributor

New member diagnosed with cervical cancer

Hi, I'm Rhiannon. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer last week. I had my first appointment with a gyno oncologist on Friday. I guess I'm wandering if there are others who have written about their journey. I'd love to hear the process from someone whose lived it. Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
GHT
Contributor

Re: New member diagnosed with cervical cancer

Hi Rhiannon I had uterine cancer this year so know it can be a big shock. There is a gyny cancer support GP as part of this website support service. There are women with cervical cancer experience and they are very supportive bunch. Go to groups on top right of screen and scroll down to gyny group and you can request to join. I wish you all the best with your treatment. Grace
0 Kudos
Arj84
New Contributor

Thanks for your help Grace. Enjoy the no further treatment!
0 Kudos
Cookiecarly
New Contributor

Hi Rhiannon, I was diagnosed with stage 3 cervical cancer last year. I had treatment at Peter mac over 2 months. They are amazing and I'm happy to say I am still here today to see my children grow up. Good luck with everything you have ahead of you and I'm sure you will be kicking goals at the other end. Carly
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.