Very Frightened

jenjill
New Contributor

Very Frightened

I have had a call back from Breast Screening SA -ultrasound and biopsy yesterday and have to wait until Friday for results. As an RN, I am freaking out - How to get through the next two nights and days??
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: Very Frightened

Hi Jenjill, I remember waiting for my husband's test results- it was horrible! I think most people on this forum would agree that waiting for test results is one of the hardest parts. All I can say is take it one hour at a time. Try and keep yourself occupied if you can. And know that we're all here for you whatever happens. Sending big hugs, Emily.
0 Kudos
Pepper99
Occasional Contributor

Im in the same vote abnormal pap smear going to gyno oncology i have to wait till 25 th .best case cone byopsie worst case redical hysterectomy. Its scary and i am constantly looking on internet chin up think positive .look to the future . 🙂
0 Kudos
jenjill
New Contributor

Good Luck Pepper - the waiting is the worst part. You just keep counting down the days. All the very best to you.
0 Kudos
jenjill
New Contributor

Good Luck Pepper - the waiting is the worst part. You just keep counting down the days. All the very best to you.
0 Kudos
GHT
Contributor

Dear Jenjill Thinking of you and hoping the results will at least give you certainty. Good luck for whatever comes next and we are here for you. GHT
0 Kudos
Paulpwtierney
Occasional Contributor

Hello , I am waiting an extra 2 weeks for a physical examination from my oncologist because she is on holidays , then I will have to wait 6 weeks for a scan. I am so used to waiting now though. I admit that I am on medication for anxiety however it is still one day at a time. I did find for me though that I do dwell on the worst outcome rather than hoping for the best and then hoping to be proved wrong. I think initial shock is worst though. I walked around for days in disbelief and shock. Probably all you can do is try to soldier on.
0 Kudos
GHT
Contributor

I too tend to imagine worst case scenario in most things. But even if you generally don't, cancer has the power to take you there. I reckon there is no more loaded word than cancer but I did not feel this until I was diagnosed. It just has so many connotations and fears attached to it even though some may never apply in every situation. Personally becoming bald really freaked me out as I look terrible in hats etc. As it turns out chemo was never going to be an option as it isn't effective with my kind of cancer anyway. So I got surgery which scares the hell out of me on the day but then you get knocked out and I do like Midazalam. Good luck everyone with whatever occurs and try not to scare the pants off yourself! Cheers GHT
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.