now what

tisme
Contributor

now what

Diagnosed with breast cancer 2 weeks ago i see the surgeon this week ive never felt so alone in my life, im angry after caring for so many others and running around after others ( friends i thought i had but turns out i dont) what happens to my autistic daughter when im gone we have no money , in a rental we cant afford 

3 REPLIES 3
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: now what

Hi tisme,

Try not to worry so much.  I know that’s an easy thing to say, but it won’t help you at all.   You’ve done a good thing by reaching out to this site for help as there are people here who can offer valuable advice. 

What stage is your cancer at?  I don’t know much about breast cancer, but I do know, if it’s in the early stages then there’s a very high survival rate.  

I’m not sure if there’s any financial assistance available for you as I haven’t looked into it at all, but maybe that’s something you can ask your GP about?

Best of luck with everything. 

Budgie

tisme
Contributor

i dont know either , i cared for my brother till he died with cancer but that was 8 years ago , i need transport to treatment i know it is what it is but im angry at ending up alone with it all n stuff.all my pension goes on rent so theres not much left that is a worry.  i cant ring the cancer help line cos daughter is always home and she is worried enough as it is 

0 Kudos
Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

Your post breaks my heart. 

Our daughter is a single mom with 2 kids.  Our grandson is autistic. I understand how difficult life without health problems can be for parents with special need children. 

I really hope all is well with you and your family...

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.