Cancer wants to control your mind

Wegotthis
Contributor

Cancer wants to control your mind

Funny before knowing that you have cancer how easy it is not to think twice about small things happening in your body. 

I woke up this morning with a sore throat. 

Before knowing i have cancer my first thought would be that I'm coming down with a cold. 

Not this time. My first thought was is the cancer worse than I know. 

Thankfully I pushed that thought out of my mind quickly. 

I seem to be paying more attention to what is happening to my body. I have gotten warts  on my left hand in the past. I have a developing bump on the side of my finger that I thought was just a wart. Now I'm guessing it's not because it doesn't look nothing like a wart. 

I emailed my reg Dr to see if she can take a look at it. 

Looking back now that I know the signs of my cancer I believe my body was showing signs over a year ago. I  tell everyone that we caught this early.  But in the back of my mind I know it's been over a year that I have lymphoma. 

My CT of my chest was clear. My mind is now questioning is my brain clear. I have been dizzy and off balance for quite a while now. With is usually for me. 

I never really thought much about it until after learning more about lymphoma..

The dirty mind games is something I guess we have to get use to?

I hope you all are having a great day 😀 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
LindaG
Contributor

Re: Cancer wants to control your mind

Hi Wegotthis, I totally relate to what you are saying. Any little pain always makes me wonder “what now”?  I also ended up having a heart attack 2 months ago so I have more questions “is that my heart “?  I guess as time goes on I might stop thinking like that. Apparently it’s quite normal to have those thoughts!! Have you got your diagnosis yet? Xx Linda G 

Wegotthis
Contributor

Re: Cancer wants to control your mind

Hi Linda, 

Sorry to hear that you had a heart attack. 

Do you think that the treatment may have caused it. I understand that lymphoma screws up the immune system. Ill have to research heart related issues with treatment. 

No I haven't heard about what exactly I have. I just saw my surgeon for my post op. We talked about the waiting and the possibility about him having to put a port in me.

Lol...I spent sometime researching port's. 

How are you feeling.  I hope all is well 🙏 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.