Living with Cancer

Jennifer66
Contributor

Living with Cancer

Twelve months since my bladder cancer diagnosis I have had 12 BCG treatments, 3 chemo treatments and 6 Cystoscopy,Ureteroscopy,turbts, biopsies and stent replacements/removals with a day or hours of feeling unwell after treatments, lower back pain that comes and goes and Panadol is always sufficient. I had pneumonia in early December and was so sick I wanted to die and thought I was going to.  How can I have cancer when I am well. I was scheduled for a Ureteroscopy, biopsy and stent exchange this week, I have cancelled and want no more, twelve months of living  with treatment and whatever so no more, now simply living with it, I maybe an absolute emotional wreck but this is going to be me 

3 REPLIES 3
Cazzita25
Occasional Contributor

Re: Living with Cancer

I really admire your attitude, enough is enough with the brutal treatments that leave you feeling wrecked. How are you going now? x
Jennifer66
Contributor

Thanks Cazziita 

I have been lucky my treatments don’t have any great effect on me, and if I need any pain relief Panadol is all I need. As I have cancer in my right ureter as well as my bladder, I do know that I have to go back for a ureteroscopy and cystoscopy as the stent in my ureter has to be changed or removed, and this is happening this week, my reason for not wanting this, is I will know what is going on, I am well and that is the hardest part with my bladder and ureter cancer 

Cazzita25
Occasional Contributor

Big hugs xx

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.