Living with a j pouch

Snoopy
New Contributor

Living with a j pouch

Any tips, ideas and suggestions for managing daily living with a j pouch after rectal cancer surgery. And ideas of 'normal' progress.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
KazCard
New Contributor

Re: Living with a j pouch

Hi snoopy I don't have a j pouch, but I do have an illeostomy pouch. I'ts quite a steep learning curve isn't it? There are colonostomy sites which cover many topics, some of which may be useful for you. They may also know of a j pouch site. There is also an ostomy assoc. in Sydney so should be others. Also the ostomy nurse at the hospital where you were treated may know who you can contact. In the meantime good luck & remember you are not alone there are many of us out here.
0 Kudos
Snoopy
New Contributor

Re: Living with a j pouch

Thanks KazCard I have found quite a bit of help and support since finding this site [ and two others ]and it has been great to have personal input from others in similar situations. It has encouraged me considerably and helped me deal with potential problems at my son's wedding yesterday [ pre-planning helped to prevent problems!] Thanks again for your interest and suggestions Snoopy
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.