New here

seal
New Contributor

New here

Hi all, I was first diagnosed with cervical cancer in October 2008. The cause of my cancer is HPV. I had a hyster in December 2008 and they got all the cancer. Since then we have been trying to get rid of the HPV but it's a no go. Now it looks like my cancer could back. I will know for sure when I have a biopsy in about 3 weeks. Till then I'm on a course of HRT. I'm the 3rd person in my family to have cancer. One sister had breast cancer, she is doing ok. Another sister lost her 8 year battle with non-hodgkins lymphomia October 2009. I'm travelled my trip alone. I have yet to tell my parents the latest but once I get the biopsy results then I will tell them. I've decided this time to join a support group.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Loulou
Occasional Contributor

Re: New here

Hi Seal, How did your biopsy results go? I am new to this site as well.
0 Kudos
seal
New Contributor

Loulou, I had my biopsy on the 6 June. I got the results yesterday. I'm very happy to say that there is no cancer only some granulated tissue. Hopefully we will be able to get rid of this with some cream that my gyno prescribed. I see him again in 2 weeks to check how it's going. Then again in 6 weeks. I've never felt this good in ages.
0 Kudos
Loulou
Occasional Contributor

Hi Seal, Thats fantastic news for you on your biopsy result. It's good to hear that you are feeling great too. This journey can make you feel very alone and its good to be able to talk to people who can relate to your ups and downs on this path. Take care
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.