Popping in to say hello

Teacher_Mum
Contributor

Popping in to say hello

Salutations, I thought I would sent a quick note to say hello. I have recently been on the whirlwind process that is cancer diagnosis and treatment. My cancer was a uterine tumour which was found as a result of a biopsy from a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy which was done after a round of chemotherapy to treat a cornial Ectopic Pregnancy - so I feel as though I am living life in reverse! Needless to say, the Hysterectomy removed the tumour however blood tests every 4 weeks for at least a year is the follow up. Right now this minute I am writing this during lunch, just before I set foot into the classroom. I feel fractured. Life has changed and a new kind of normal is in the process of being developed. Sometimes I dont know if I am Arthur or Martha but I am certain I will work it out one day. I am trying to put it all back together, new pieces with the old, some pieces are missing...maybe I will look at the back of the couch as thats where missing pieces seem to end up! I look forward to learning and sharing with you and more importantly, meeting kindred spirits who are sharing the journey, that is Cancer.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: Popping in to say hello

Hiya teacher mum and welcome from one newbie to another? Regards Julie
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

Hi teacher mum, I am a teacher mum too and also experience that duality of worlds. My treatment finished 18 months ago and I'm still feeling a little odd at times especially at school. Fractured is a great word for how we feel. I found this site really helpful at a number of levels. Welcome! Samex
0 Kudos
Teacher_Mum
Contributor

Cheers and thanks guys!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.