Travel insurance for bucket list event

The_Rowan
Contributor

Travel insurance for bucket list event

Given our "pre-existing condition", can anyone recommend a travel insurance provider that gives you a fair go when it comes to the medical side of the policy? I am planning to travel to Thailand in February and am having a hard time finding decent coverage? Any suggestions will be gratefully welcomed.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: Travel insurance for bucket list event

We used AAMI for our post-chemo holiday, with no problems. Mind you, we didn't have to claim, so I can't really say how it would have been if anything went wrong. However, I can tell you that you will love Thailand! We've been 3 times, and adored it. The food is fantastic, the people are lovely and the scenery is beautiful (and it's mega cheap, too!) Have a brilliant time.
0 Kudos
The_Rowan
Contributor

Thank you for the tips. This is the holiday I promised myself whilst in hospital, post surgery. I've already started planning things..... I'm not travelling until February. I'm a little bit too organised for my own good.
0 Kudos
peanutz
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, can't help you with travel insurance but being a Thai, I can recommend Thailand. Thumbs up! Good food, warm weather, nice thai massage 🙂
0 Kudos
Sailor
Deceased

I've used QBE and AAMI. They are generally OK with giving you insurance but it will not cover anything to do with a pre=existing condition, i.e. cancer. So if you walk under a bus you will be covered. Cheers Sailor
0 Kudos
The_Rowan
Contributor

Thanks for the advice everyone. Insurance has been sorted. I have gone with Bupa (my health cover people). Cancer & AIHA not covered due to per existing condition clauses, but has good cover for everything else....only 11 weeks to go now!
0 Kudos
The_Rowan
Contributor

Unfortunately Jerome, the drug and alcohol test will prove nothing. Once the 'C' word is mentioned, all bets are off if anything happens on your trip that can be linked back to cancer.
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

The Rowan That last post from jerome is just spam ... dont click the link 🙂
0 Kudos
Kate_Unicorn
Contributor

Thanks Jules! Cheers, Kate (admin team)
0 Kudos
Rikki
Occasional Contributor

I am travelling at the moment and was able to get cover including my pre existing through CoverMore. Costs a bit but I thought it was worth it. Cheers Rikki
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.