Dead end

Andy1971
New Contributor

Dead end

3 weeks since I told my story. No one responded yet. I probably won't be around by the time anyone reads it or responds. Sorry to bother 😢 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Dead end

Hi Andy. I’m so sorry no one replied to you (me included). I try my best to reply when I can. Please forgive me. Your situation sounds awful and I hope you have lot’s of family around you loving you through this time. You’ve gone longer than what you’ve been told so it’s never over until it’s over. I will be praying for you and send you lots of love. 🙏💕

Andy1971
New Contributor

Thank you for noticing me. I was beginning to think that nobody even saw my post, much less wanted to respond. I  feel sad knowing that other people are going through the same thing as me. I get a lot of information about different treatments etc. from reading all the comments. 

The chemo and radiation therapies have my cancer in check temporarily, as my cancer is the type that Always comes back, so I'm just waiting for the next round of bad news any day. I'm done with chemo and radiation for now but I still have immunotherapy every 21 days, and I think that is causing neuropathy because of the severe pain in my legs and shoulders. My team or doctors can't seem to figure out why I'm having these new pains. They're just guessing that it's neuropathy but the medication for neuropathy is not helping. Are there others on this site that have these pains? Hopefully people will see this post and comment. 

0 Kudos
Debbie1957
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andy,

I just saw your post.  I'm so sorry.  I was just diagnosed on Monday; waiting on CT scan on Friday and waiting on call from Cancer center - now 2 days and no call for appt yet.  Guess they aren't in a hurry but I am.  I have to know what's going on asap.  They found 2 cancer cells in fluid drained from my right lung and that's all I know other than the dr said it was ADENOCARCINOMA  so anything with carcinoma in the word can't be good.  I look at all the info I can find and it doesn't appear that I may be here very long.  I just retired on June 1st and had so many plans and everything has gone right down the tubes.  What is your cancer?  I'm new to the site and still trying to get around.  My love and prayers to you.  Debbie1957

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.