Leukaemia- new and navigating

PaulShane
Occasional Contributor

Leukaemia- new and navigating

Hello community, 
I’m reaching out on behalf of my partner Shane and I. It’s been a few days since we discovered Shane’s unwell with Leukaemia. We knew it was serious but we knew it was important we remain calm and in control of ourselves and our emotions. We kept it together placing our focus on researching and tapping into resources to help

us get through it.
We let our families & our clients know the news, we researched google to gain a better understanding of AML, we contacted the Cancer Council & the Leukaemia Foundation to find support groups that we have already booked ourselves into 2 online support groups to help us navigate unchartered waters. We are optimistic about our future together and we are especially grateful to be a part of this helpful online community. 
Out thanks to the team at cancer council for this amazing resource being available and to the many supporting contributors who are facing their journey, or helping someone they love or has lost someone to cancer. We are truly blessed. 
Best wishes

P&S

2 REPLIES 2
PeterK
Contributor

Re: Leukaemia- new and navigating

Dear PaulShane
Welcome to the group, not a group we would choose by choice, but a group that is supportive, informative, caring with often many who have walked the same journey.
May your journey be a positive one.
Stay strong be strong, remain positive set goals, kick goals.
My thoughts and prayers and Best Wishes are with you both at this time.
👍🌺 Peter 🌺👍
0 Kudos
PaulShane
Occasional Contributor

Re: Leukaemia- new and navigating

Bless you Peter 

thank you for your warm welcome 

P&S

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.