Lost my best friend yesterday

Rodney
Contributor

Lost my best friend yesterday

I lost my best friend , protector and someone who was unconditional devoted to me, my beautiful boy Benny ( 7 years German Shepard) unfortunately I am recovering from cancer , he had no chance -this horrific disease-has taken my baby, it was another fight but I could not win this one. Benny was there for me when I had the radiation treatment , the operations followed by more radiation , when I was so sick from all the effects -he would not leave my side. It came on very sudden - suspected cancer of the spleen and internal bleeding, I could not see him suffer or in pain. In the last few weeks he would sit and his eyes would not leave me , it was like he was trying to tell me something, even yesterday when I broke down at vet he was licking the tears from my face , how can I ever thank him for all the love and joy he has brought me.... RIP my beautiful boy Benny Ben Ben 10/9/2011
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
pimbok
Contributor

Re: Lost my best friend yesterday

Rodney, I am so so sorry. Sometimes life is unbelievably cruel. Benny also had a wonderful friend and knew what true love was.
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

I really feel for you. When I was on chemo, my Jack Russell, Spud the wonder dog followed me around like a two year old. She definitely knew that something was wrong. My son's (then aged 13)favourite story is when he cam home from school one day all he could hear was me snoring on the lounge (nanna nap time)and the dog at my feet snoring as well in synch with my own! thoughts to you. S
0 Kudos
johnrp1964
Occasional Contributor

So sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time. John
0 Kudos
BJS
Not applicable

Losing a beloved pet is one of the hardest things in life, my heart goes out to you, it will take a long while to get over but Benny is not suffering anymore. Sincerest Regards BJS
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Sorry,Rodney.We lost our cat and our dog both last year.The dog was 13 and the cat was 19 years old.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.