Notifications about replies to your threads

Katekat
Valued Contributor

Notifications about replies to your threads

Hi everyone!

I have been alerted that some of you may not be aware that you can get email notifications about a thread you may have replied to or you may see an interesting conversation that you want to follow.

You can control what you get notified about and when in your settings, which you can access directly here. I have turned on the notifications for any thread you have started or posted in, but you can turn these off in your profile settings, should you choose to.

You can also choose to subscribe to individual threads or even forums. I have put together instructions on how to do this, below.

To subscribe to threads:

1. Click Thread Options at the top of the thread you wish to subscribe to.
  2. Click Subscribe.
  3. A green bar will then appear along the top of the screen, with the message: Success! Subscription added.
  4. You are now subscribed to this thread.
  5. To unsubscribe, follow the same as above and simply choose Unsubscribe from the options in the dropdown menu. And you will see a message: Success! Subscription removed.

To subscribe to whole forums:

1. This option is best used when you wish to subscribe to an entire forum that may interest you, such as Treatments and Side Effects or Coping with a loved one's cancer
  2. Navigate to the forum you wish to subscribe to.
  3. Select the Options dropdown to the top-right.
  4. Select Subscribe.
  5. You can also unsubscribe in the same manner, simply choose Unsubscribe.

Please do let me know if you have any questions about the above.

Kind Regards,

Kate

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.