Musenous Appendix Tumour - Peritonectomy

Farmgirl2012
New Contributor

Musenous Appendix Tumour - Peritonectomy

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with a 'musenous appendix tumour' and the suggested operation is a peritonectomy. I have read a lot of articles on this procedure and am quite daunted and overwhelmed. So just wondering if anyone can give me any information how it has affected their lives afterwards i.e. return to normal activites, what life changing things have occurred if any etc. Also have been told during surgery they will pump chemo into my stomach, so also wondering if anyone has lost their hair with this process. I know this sound like only a small question but my husband loves my long hair. Anyway if anyone supply me with further information of the after affects of the operation would be greatly appreciated as I am weighing up the pros and cons of having the operation. Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Musenous Appendix Tumour - Peritonectomy

Hi @Farmgirl2012 and welcome,

I hope you are well this afternoon.

I sent you some information about our Cancer Connect program this morning, so please check your email for that, it's a free service Smiley Happy

Here are some information booklets that might be of interest:

Rare Cancers Australia also have a great page here that is worth reading.

This link goes to all threads in the Online Community about peritonectomies, they are worth reading too.

Cheers,

Kate

0 Kudos
Farmgirl2012
New Contributor

Many thanks
0 Kudos
CherieCockerel
Occasional Visitor

My husband has stage 4 metastatic bowel cancer with peritoneal and omentum metastasis. We have an appointment with a Dr Cherry Kho at RPA on the 12/6 to discuss peritonectomy and HIPEC. We are also after information from people who have had the procedure as it’s seems very daunting. We are trying to work out if the side effects outweigh the benefits. We aren’t sure what his PCI is yet, so we may travel the 800km each way to discover it’s a no go anyway

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.