TMZ + concurrent radiation. Brain. Anyone else??

raech_001
Occasional Contributor

TMZ + concurrent radiation. Brain. Anyone else??

New to the page, new to cancer. Found out I had a pretty big brain tumour (Bruce) in a god awful location 2 months ago. Surgery went better than expected and I'm about to start chemo and radiation concurrently in 2 weeks. Anyone else in the same situation? I'm interested in your experience or opinion of concurrent treatment +/- concurrent natural therapy (IVC, diet, cannabis oil ect) Thanks!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: TMZ + concurrent radiation. Brain. Anyone else??

Hi, I don't have any answers for you (my husband had lymphoma), but just wanted to drop you a line to say 'hi'. I hope you get the information you're looking for- keep posting whenever you need to vent/ask/share/whatever- this site is really good for that sort of thing. love and hugs, Emily
0 Kudos
raech_001
Occasional Contributor

Hi Emily, Thanks for making contact. This site looks good but I'm not convinced it gets enough traffic to be beneficial. Have you found any others that are good? Would you have any tips I can pass on to my husband for processing all this? I know it's incredibly hard for you guys as well x
0 Kudos
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

There is quite a lot of support on this site generally, but for something specific it can be a bit difficult- you could ask the Cancer council (and/or your Oncologist) if there is any specific support group for people with brain cancer. While cancer brings the same issues to everyone, there are also issues specific to each type of cancer. This site does have a specific section for family/carers of people with cancer- encourage your husband to make contact. I found this site after my husband's chemotherapy, and often wished I found it earlier- it's really good to know other people are facing the same issues as you (particularly at 3am when you can't sleep!) Emily x
0 Kudos
raech_001
Occasional Contributor

The cancer council recommended this one to me. I thought my post may have been a bit too specific.... worth a try though! I'll let my husband know, thank you x
0 Kudos
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Hi raech_001, Thanks for joining up and reaching out, a member of our Cancer Connect support team will be in touch via email separately with some information and support available to yourself and your husband. You may wish to check your junk or spam mail, just in case. I would also recommend having a read back through some of the posts here in the forums, there is a wealth of knowledge and support available here from people who have been in the same or similar situations to yourself. Please don’t let the site layout put you off! In fact, we have an exciting new and completely redesigned site coming in mid-November. This will include an area that is dedicated to family and carers :) Kind Regards, Kate Community Manager
Mel77
New Contributor

Hi Raech,

How are things going for you? I was diagnosed with a Grade II Glioma (astrocytoma) in May 2015 three months after having my second child. I had surgery (awake craniotomy) to remove it in July 2015. All scans since show no recurrence of tumour and I haven't required any drugs/chemo/radiation at this stage and I've dropped to annual scans. Even though I've come over a huge hurdle, I'm finding the emotional side of things really only kicking in now and I joined this site last night.

If I can be of any support, please let me know.

cheers,

Melissa

0 Kudos
Bob58
New Contributor

Hi...my partner is 71 and  has had lymphoma of the brain he was diagnosed Nov 2016..he has had 7 lots of chemo and 13 lots of radiation..it has  been 4 months since he finished his chemo and the doctors say he is all clear..but he is always tired..no energy. .just wants to sleep or watch Tv...has just given up on life..never wants to go anywere..i dont know what to do...i work full time but am finished by lunch time..so im home to give my partner his lunch although if im late he will heat himself some soup.. (he also makes his own breakfast ...toast and a cup of tea ..as im at work by 4 am)

Were things different for you and your partner..

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.