still a waiting game

Andrea_has_a_he
Occasional Contributor

still a waiting game

Hi all Still waiting have had the tumour removed but still no answers have to wait for about 3 weeks before getting any info, thought I was frustrated before now really I am really frustrated. Andrea
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
wombat4
Contributor

Re: still a waiting game

Hi Andrea, Good to here you have had the tumour removed. 3 weeks is a long time to wait for the info, but you hang in there, and stay positive wombat4
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

The waiting is sooooo hard,whether it be for a test ,a surgery a result or whatever. I hope it is good news for you.
0 Kudos
Andrea_has_a_he
Occasional Contributor

Thanks wombat4 and silly for your positive inputs. This last month or so has been hell for me and my family, 1st of the rank was me with tcc of the bladder and another tumour that they thought was ovarian cancer which turns out to be a lymph node and they have not removed this as yet and I do not really know why it was another hospital that my urologist referred me to. the lymph node was diagnosed on the Friday before the operation which was done on the Wednesday. that hospital said that the urologist will deal with it. My urologist is away on holiday and the surgeon apparently was not informed about this so I am told. so they have removed the 3cm tumour in the bladder and told me there is a meeting Thursday (I think its next week as this week its Australia day holiday) and I will be contacted for an appointment. VERY FRUSTRATED AND UPSET as I do not know what is going on. Through out this last month my sister has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer thank heavens very early stage and can be treated which happens at the end of the month. To add another problem my brother-in-law has been diagnosed with lung cancer/ asbestosis not looking good. As hard as this seems to be true it all is real and going on. I am starting to think what double decker bus did I run over and this can not be all happening but it is. 2007 lost my mum lung cancer and 2009 lost my dad tcc of the bladder with bony mets what else does this family have to endure and do not know how much more I can give my children and siblings support when I think about it all so I try not to make a big deal about things in general. I am guilty of hiding my feelings always have done. So sorry all this is more than I was going to type but emotions and frustration are catching up with me. Sorry again and thanks again for the positive inputs. best of luck all Andrea
0 Kudos
yevisha
Not applicable

waiting is hard and it is not necessarily cancer. try to keep as positive as you can and eat well. really look after yourself. good luck
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.