MAYBE CHEMO NOT WORKING

Not applicable

MAYBE CHEMO NOT WORKING

My husband has had his first second line chemo treatment of CAV and is due for the next one on 4 April. This last three weeks has been really bad for him with either constipation, nausea or abdominal pain. He has small cell lung cancer which is now in the liver and maybe other places. He has already gone through 1st line with cisplatin and etoposide and the they gave 10 lots of radiaion to his brain to prevent they say the cancer going there. I am secretly hoping that they will tell him that his blood tests are not good enough to have further treatment as I cannot see him go through more than he already is. I know this is not my decision to make and I hate this disease that is taking away the love of my life I have had for 44 years. Why oh why has someone not found a cure for this yet!!! Thank you everyone on this site, especially you carers out there for allowing me to vent!!. Take care everyone, my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Jeaneil
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
maddie86
Contributor

Re: MAYBE CHEMO NOT WORKING

i really do hope he starts to get better.. its awful seeing someone you love so much suffer.. my fiance is on his second round of chemo after battling bowel cancer for nearly two years and im over seeing him sick and tired all the time.. sometimes i just feel like i need some sort of relief.. take care i hope things work out for you both xo
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thank you Maddie for your support as I,like you, need all the help I can get right now. I was so excited the other day to find out I was going to be a grandma again, but it was short lived as my son'blasted' me saying I told a relative and was supposed to wait until his partner was 12 weeks pregnant before saying anything. I thought that knowing what I am going through they would not be so hard on me, but in this world of cancer no one knows what it feels like, and how each day watching the one you love slipping away from you tears you apart. Jeaniel
0 Kudos
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Hi Jeaniel and Maddie, my thoughts are with both of you. My husband has been in remission for 12 months, so doesn't really need 'caring' at the momemt, but even so I'm starting to feel emotionally fatigued. I can only imagine how exhausted you both must be. I salute you! I hope things only get easier for you and your partners. Sending both of you supportive hugs. xx
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I hope things have improved since you posted which was quite a while ago .
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.