Overwhelmed - pancreatic cancer stage 4

Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Re: Overwhelmed - pancreatic cancer stage 4

That’s a very tragic story. It sometimes the news is more ferocious than the condition. Unfortunately that doesn’t appear the case for your husband. I wish you both well and a great outcome.

my wife died from cervical cancer on Mother’s Day 8th May 2016. She went into remission twice and in the end refused intervention. I nursed her for years before her suffering finally ended. My pNETs was diagnosed in September that year. I’m grateful she doesn’t have to cope with this whole process.

Keep strong & try to stay positive. 🌞💐

0 Kudos
Patches
Frequent Contributor

My mother in-law bear breast cancer twice but in May 2015 we lost her to stomach based cancer.  She was diagnosed only couple of months before she passed away in palliative care unit in facility in our town.  My husband is suffering emotionally and physically quite badly as part of his recent hospital stay which lasted for 10 days.  Because he is unsteady on his feet doctors & physio in local hospital wanted him to go to sam3 unit as where his mum passed away -original info was it was for physio for 1to 2weeks but last time it was mentioned they talked about May 6 to 8 weeks in that unit.  He was discharged from hospital today and is unsteady on his feet but he is home.  I have been advised palliative care in community nurse will be in contact with me within few days plus occ therapist to attend home to assess for electric recliner plus couple of items for our bed.  Dva have fully funded cost of robots cushion, hoping they cover cost of other items

Traci-Renee
Frequent Contributor

Patches, I’m so glad he is home, where you both wanted him to be.  He will or should feel a bit more restful at home.  I am thinking of you both.  Sending you a big hug.   You are the best advocate for your husband...and you are doing a great job.  ❤️

0 Kudos
Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Sentiment echoed, here

BJO67
Contributor

You are both in my thoughts 

kj
Super Contributor

Patches

Nice to see your husband home finally  with you,understandably, he is stressed hope he can settle down.

Traci-Renee
Frequent Contributor

Hi Patches, just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing and of course your husband.  Thinking of you both ❤️

0 Kudos
Patches
Frequent Contributor

Some parts of days my husband feels good within himself and interested in doing small things including going out yesterday for short drive in the car and medium walk both times but he was very tired after we got home after the second outing.  Most days until early to mid afternoon he isn’t good and has said he doesn’t feel good within himself.  He is struggling to be able to feel warm majority of the time.  Lounge room is currently 25degress, we have the heater on, he has wool jumper on and is sitting under a blanket.  Today he has said his legs are hurting and saying .... ‘when I am in hospital this next time’.  He feels that miserable within himself he is expecting to be going back into hospital as in-patient again soon.

0 Kudos
BJO67
Contributor

Sending you both positive thoughts.

This bloody cancer is soul destroying.

My partner was always cold also. He would sleep in his dressing gown and a beanie often....

Mornings were never good for him especially as he never slept well even with the pain meds.

I wish I could say more to help...but know that I am thinking of you.

Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Yes I agree, soul destroying. I feel cold all of the time. Yesterday was 27*C here, I was wearing a jumper.

The only thing I can suggest is to stay wrapped up and try to have positive thoughts.

We are all here for you and we feel your pain. Let’s all just stay strong 

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.