Pancreatic cancer sucks

Siobhan17
New Contributor

Re: Pancreatic cancer sucks

Hey Colin , 

I have just read your story and I will say a prayer for you tonight. My father was diagnosed wit pancreatic cancer after they tried to do a whipple procedure and its now spred to his back and liver, but same as you he is a fighter. 

He is going for his 2nd but of chemo tomorrow - we where hoping to get him on the madisinal marijuana but his oncologist is not so keen - Does this help you with your appetited ?

Keep fighting mate 🙂

0 Kudos
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Hi Steve, it’s always worth trying alternative treatments and for some they are really helpful. Keep researching!! Have you started treatment yet? Keep fighting the good fight 🙏. All good for me other than many family members getting Covid😢. I’m masking up always and hopefully can escape it. God bless you 💕 Linda 

0 Kudos
Patch65
New Contributor

My husband, Colin, known as John Denning on this forum, passed away on 28 May 2022.  I'd like to leave everyone with these words from Colin.

Those who know that I love them, know already who they are.  And it is with love that I choose to exit this world.  

Spread lots of love - Give lots of hugs - Enjoy life

Siobhan17
New Contributor

I’m so very sorry to hear of your husbands passing. My dear father also passed away on the 13 of September, he caught so hard since his diagnosis in March. 
thoughts and prayers with you and your family. 

Cathie
Occasional Visitor

My husband has metastatic pancreatic cancer with Mets in the liver and node involvement. He now has a pulmonary embolus and a plural effusion. We are in for a very hard time. He was only diagnosed a month ago with a very poor prognosis too. Stay strong and one day at a time

0 Kudos
sch
Super Contributor

@Patch65 ,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

I check in here irregularly, and I missed your post.

I feel for your loss. I really am sorry to hear this.

I believe that in one way or another our loved ones always travel with us, even if that is with our memories.

-s

JohnDenning59
Contributor

Hello Cathie

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis.  My husband sadly passed away in May 2022.  I'm nearing the first anniversary of his death. 

What I'm most grateful for is that I was able to spend every moment of the 10 months with the most beautiful person I've ever met in my life, before he passed.  He fought a battle I'll never know and the chemo treatment had side effects that he didn't always share with me. I think he had more courage and love for me that he kept pushing through.

My husband was my best friend and loving partner.  I have memories, which can either make me laugh or cry.  I think everyone's cancer journey is unique to them.  

I could rant about the time we'll never have, but I will always be thankful for the time that we did have.  

I hope you have family and friends who can support you during this time.

Carolyn

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.