And now he is gone...what the f**k!

glenys48woods
Contributor

Re: And now he is gone...what the f**k!

I am shocked of your message to where your partner has passed away. I don't know what to say to you but I am sorry and you are not alone. Have you got family close by and friends that you can contact? Prayer is a good thing to know as God cares and loves you. Suffering in this world will end very soon. Glenys 00
0 Kudos
tikipop
Occasional Contributor

Hi Hopeful, Your husbands love made you who you are today. All of the experiences you shared together- falling in love, creating another life together, supporting him through his illness, coping with his death- they have all changed you. You'll never be the same person again that you were before you met him. The greatest love a person can ever feel, that between a mother and child, you have because of the love that you and him shared together. There will always be a part of you, your personality, your soul, that is the way it is because he was in your life. He may be gone now, but the impact that his love had on your life will always be with you. He will always be a part of you, a part of your son, and a part of everyone else who loved him. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband...my grandfather recently passed away from GBM. My Nan is completely heartbroken. :( Hang in there xo
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I can't add anything to what the others said that will help much. You last sentence says what you really want and I think that sums it up. It is all so new and it must seem as if you will never learn to live with the loss of your husband but in time things usually become easier. Gather support and accept help when you need it . I am sorry that you have to go through this . Talking to your little boy and cuddling him will be a great comfort . I hope you have friends and family with whom you can talk also.
0 Kudos
Rubes1984
Contributor

Hi Hopeful, I was very saddened by reading your post. I have no words that could possibly make this pain or sorrow better. Such a horrible thing to happen and exactly - What the F@#K do u do now?? I can only imagine the pain you are enduring and have endured - to watch the person u love fade away. I guess you grieve and let that be whatever it maybe: sadness, anger, rage, happiness, relief, guilt, fear and acceptance. I hope and pray you find some peace soon and may your son be your light at this dreadful time. Ruby “Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.”
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.