Grieving

Kellie22

Grieving

Hi I recently lost my father in January to cancer which he fought for 4 and a bit years. We were very close I was the boy he never had Smiley Happy but I’m finding it hard not to cry every time I think about him or have the flash back of him laying in bed at the paltive care unit. I was there through it all drove him to all appointments as my Mum doesn’t drive. I have only been back to his grave twice as it hurts to much.

when does it stop hurting so much and when will the crying stop?

1 REPLY 1
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: Grieving

Hi Kelly, and welcome to the club no-one wants to join.  You're asking the important questions- and unfortunately in my experience there are no right answers.  What I've learned about grief (from my personal experience and supporting others through it) is that the best way to handle it is to acknowledge your emotions and give yourself time.   There is no set amount of time it will take for the pain to stop, it's different with everyone.  I'm glad you found this forum, it's a great way to vent and grieve with other people who have had similar experiences to you.  Sending big hugs, Emily

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.