How to deal with the anger in grief

Nina6
Occasional Contributor

How to deal with the anger in grief

I lost my 36 year old son to Melanoma B-raf gene mutation 8 weeks ago ...i want to connect to other Mums  ..It was a terrible journey to watch my beautiful son suffer so much...He was a healthy man who jogged daily..never smoked.only drank socially, loved his job, his dog , his life...Im now dealing with the "WHY" and if another person says to me "It will get better with time"..I will scream at them. ..The anger and the tears are unrelenting...🙄

5 REPLIES 5
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: How to deal with the anger in grief

Hi @Nina6,

So very sorry to hear of your loss Heart

How are you doing today?

We have a telephone support group especially for people who have lost a loved one to cancer that I think would be something that you might be interested in. It's a national program we run free-of-charge from NSW. If you think you'd like to find out more, shoot an email over to telephonesupportgroup@nswcc.org.au - just let them know that I (Kate) referred you, we all sit near each other in the office here Smiley Happy

Sending hugs,

Kate

Sallyb
Visitor

Hello

Thanks for sharing your story. I lost my son Robert to bowel cancer earlier this year. The pain is so overwhelming. All of my body aches, every sinew and cell. I miss him so very much. The only thing that gets me through is the thought that he might somehow feel my pain and I know he couldn't bare it. No child wants to see their mum's hurting so I try to be strong for him but some days, like today, it feels to hard. I let the tears fall because I will cry for as much as I loved him and I loved him with all my heart. I hope you can be strong too. I dont kno why it helps but knowing that there is someone out there that understands does help so thank you.x

Tom123
Occasional Contributor

Hey, what you have posted is exactly how Im feeling now and I know its how my mums feeling to. I just lost my amazing, fit, healthy, cheaky brother to cancer about 2 weeks ago. He was 30 years old, athlete fit, happy, just starting to go places work wise. Im devistated. I saw your post and thought I would write to you. I dont usually do this but Im struggling and if it slightly helps you or me then great. I hope your doing ok! I hope time makes it a little easier but that horrible sadness will always be there I think. I feel like people mean well but say things that make you want to tell them to shut the fuck up! They have no Idea the hurt that you are feeling, as its undescribable. Anyway hope your ok.

Elizabeth1
Regular Visitor

Thank you I am going through the same thing with my beautiful 42 year old daughter
Shelley
New Contributor

I lost my 32 year old son on the 20th of August- I understand how you are feeling as I feel the same! Our children are always our babies no matter how old they are. This is so wrong, my son is gone and life will never be the same- a huge part of me went with him. No parent should ever live this nightmare!
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.