husband death

nellie1372
New Contributor

husband death

hello everybody, for 2 years my husband 42 has been battling bravely head neck cancer . 4 weeks ago he passed away in his sleep unexpectedly but peacefully. he has left me 41 and a 19 year old daughter and 16 and 10 year old son he died 4 weeks ago and we were all going ok but now we are struggling. i feel so lonely , i feel he has been gone longer. his mate has been very good but they have their families can anybody else relate to loosing their spouse. thanks jo
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
evaboo
Contributor

Re: husband death

Hi Nellie, I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news about your husband. I haven't been in your position and can't even begin to imagine how you feel. I just wanted you to know we're all here for you. Evaboo
0 Kudos
susieq1962
Occasional Contributor

Dear Nellie, I am so sorry for your loss, I am supporting my husband through liver cancer and dread what has happened to you i am doing all i can to prepare my self in case it does but am sure i will feel the same as you do as we have been married for 30 years, a girl at work lost her husband about 8 months ago and at times feels so lost and lonely she finds it beneficial to write on facebook exactly how she is feeling, i cannot do that as my husband hasnt told his mother all the facts, but i write in a diary instead and am having counseling starting today so dont be affraid to get counselling go on antidepressents etc anything that helps you get through grief is a personal experience and everyone handles it differently and for defferent amounts of time the cancer council offer councelling for grief for up to 2 years afterwards so make use of it.
0 Kudos
tropical
Contributor

Hi Nelle, I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband died 12 months ago aged 52. He survived 13 months with brain cancer. Our children were 17, 18 & 20 at the time and I was 48. We'd been together for 28.5 years. To the outside world life has returned to normal. I work fulltime, present well, the kids are all at uni, but I feel really sad. It seems like yesterday he died. I joined an on line brain cancer forum when my husband was diagnosed and a group of us had husbands diagnosed and die at the same time. The best thing is they were people who REALLY knew what we were going through. Both my parents have died and I thought I knew about grief but I've discovered I had no idea. Nor does anyone who hasn't lost a partner. All I can say is whatever you feel...it's normal. It's your grief...and it's crappy! Take care of yourself, your kiddies, and know it's just really, really sad.
0 Kudos
rbx4
Occasional Contributor

Hi, To imagine the hell you have all been through is unimaginable, It will take a lot of time and soul searching to get through this, I wish you and your family the best. I'm sure some how some way your Husband knows your grief and would only want the best for you all and perhaps for you to move forward from here. He would have done the same for you...
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.