Endometrial cancer

sch
Super Contributor

Re: Endometrial cancer

Welcome back to the land of the shitting.

I guess it's been a bit of a rude awakening.

How are you otherwise?

-sch

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Hi Sch

Thank you for the warm welcome. At the moment I'm having second thoughts about bieng back. This is a tough process. Let me just highlight all the positives for you...

sch
Super Contributor

Hi PhilPepper,

Yes, I agree, the whole situation stinks and it's a crappy place to be.

But don't give up keeping us posted how the whole thing is going for you. It has made, if not enjoyable, an enlightened read.

I, for one, am looking forward to hear how you overcome the obstacles before you.

-sch

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Hopefully my only obstacles are behind me.

😆😂🤣

😆😂🤣

😆😂🤣

🤫

Lehiatus
Contributor

Hey Phil! Sounds like a lot of shit to deal with. Way too much, but I’m hoping it’s  all behind you. Far far behind. 

Apologies for being tardy, been navigating a different kinda shit and also some good shit too. I made it to Hawaii for my brothers wedding, but I’ve been laid up most of the time battling chest infections, overall nausea and super tiredness- mental health and physical weakness has meant I’m a super crap travel partner, but hey I made it! I got to see him the happiest he’s ever been and that was totally worth it!! After a few months of trying to get the meds balanced, (still working it out and I’m a bit over it tbh) I still reckon I have absolutely nothing to complain about. 

Its now only a few weeks to Christmas- are you at home? @Lampwork54 how are you? @sch @RJG hows it going? 
Sorry for hitting radio silence- I will be honest and say I came unstuck a bit, it’s weird, I thought I was okay but then it crept up on me and smacked me around the head- I had nothing positive to say to anyone about anything and figured that’s a shit contribution considering! 
miss y’all- let me know how it’s going- all of the bits! 

claire 

RJG
Frequent Contributor

Hi Claire,

Is "radio silence" an alias for '@Lehiatus'

Thanks for asking - I am fine.

Just over 2 years out from surgery, I have progressed from 3 monthly reviews to 6 monthly. That is, I now see my surgeon once per year and my oncologist once per year - 6 months apart (in theory that is - the surgeon tends to run 1 to 2 months behind schedule such that I saw both only 1 month apart for my last reviews).

My 2 residual, chronic side-effects of chemo are the tinnitus and peripheral neuropathy. The peripheral neuopathy is worst in my ankles and feet - ankles always ache like they are wrapped in ice packs and my feet are always tingling in a way that makes them feel like they are burning. Such a small price to pay.

I sincerely hope for a joyous and pain-free festive season for everyone out there.

Best wishes and hugs to all,
Rick

sch
Super Contributor

Hi Claire,

It's great to have you back. Did you get much of a chance to do some sight seeing in Hawaii? How long were you over there for? I trust you kept us in mind while you were lazing on the beach??

How long do you have to stay on the medication for? Sounds a bit awful.

You don't always have to be positive on here. If you can't be negative here, then where can you be negative?

I'm still delaying going in for more surgery. Other than that, all good here. 

-sch

Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Hi Claire,

Glad to see your post and Hawaii?  Sounds wonderful.  Good to know that you're around and struggling as some of us are too.  

If I wasn't on strong anti depressants - I'd say I was depressed but I can't be so must just be gloomy or something.  My mouth is dry and totally uncomfortable.  Feeling really weak this week and I think not eating has nutritionally caught up with me.  School holidays have started for some of the grandchildren so that's not something I was ready for.  Difficult being around people all day again.  Have tried to avoid that at all costs.  Can't even think about Christmas yet.  

On a positive note my hair is getting a little better.  I don't know what I want or what would make any of this feel better.  Luckily, my dogs have been great day time company.  Haven't walked anywhere or done anything towards improving fitness.  Just don't have the energy.  Barely scraping through day by day.  Days are long.  Less days in pj's is possibly a good thing.

Going before I depress myself even further but these are all "of the bits".  

CaseyD
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for sharing-

I am in a similar situation, although my cancer is in my ovaries and I'm awaiting surgery to see if it has spread to my other organs. It's been 2 weeks since my diagnosis, and I have been in a steady state of shock. No one knows what's going on, because I have no idea how to tell them. We plan to tell the kids just before surgery, because they're too old to not catch on. But I am so afraid of that day, and the days that will follow. 

I can understand what you're going through, because I'm right there with you. It feels good to have someone that gets it, and I hope you can find solace in knowing that I'm walking along side you. 

Reeby
New Contributor

Hi Claire,

I was diagnosed with Stage 1 Endometrioid Adenocarcinoma just before Christmas. I’m walking out of the Oncologists office and the secretary says, “Happy Christmas” I was in too much shock to respond. I’d just been told I would need a hysterectomy. This wasn’t how it was meant to go. How is a cancer diagnosis a happy time? 

I told most of my friends via a messenger post. I told them I did not want advice,  stories about their aunt/mother/friend, questions about what I was going to do. Not helpful! What I choose to do with my body is my choice. Other people might not agree but it is not their decision.  It’s mine. What I did need was their understanding and support. 

At this stage I don’t want surgery. I don’t have children and am not menopausal. I’m not ready to say goodbye to my uterus. I want to try hormone therapy.  Fortunately for me my cancer is slow growing and eostrogen fuelled. I have a plan.  I have time to figure it out. I find information is power. I read everything I can, even all the bad stuff. I’ve even watched YouTube videos of hysterectomies so I know what is involved. Everybody is different but I find I’m more anxious about not knowing.  I don’t make my best decisions when I’m in a panic. 

Goodluck with your journey.

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.