I just officially join the C club

Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

I just officially join the C club

I was told 4 hours ago that I do have cancer 

They removed a few lumps last Wednesday from under my armpit and that they are sending it to another lab for more testing to help figure out what it is. 

I really want to thank everyone who is still replying to people's post. I have read every post and replies going through years of them. 

I was totally ready to hear that I have it. I'm not scared of this.  There are way to many of you who has been or going through worst times than I have or expecting to go through. 

The great news is I get to return to work tomorrow 

Stay strong 

9 REPLIES 9
JohnDenning59
Contributor

Re: I just officially join the C club

I think your user name says it all, Wegotthis. In this case, 'You've got this'. Fuck cancer. Get in there and kick its miserable, undeserving ass.

Wishing you the very best of luck. Keep us posted.

JD

Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply...

I say we got this because I have a great wife and family who will be by my side. 

They are the reason I enjoy waking up and getting home from work...

I'm going to use having cancer to help people see that cancer doesn't have to take over our lives.  My body may not be healthy but it's not going to take control of who I'm or now I live...

LindaO123
Occasional Contributor

Good on you!!! 🥇🥇🥇👍👍👍💖💖
Darren71
Occasional Contributor

Your amazing..what a great attitude, at times cancer controls your life if you let and its people like you who remind people like me my cancer is not me its my body letting me down.......keep posting positive vibes and ill keep you in my prayers.
Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

Darren 

Thanks for praying for me.!!!

I'm a follower of Chirs. It's funny because I have always been healthy but in the last 11 months I have been through several different health issues. But they have always been the best case scenario. I had skin cancer removed from my nose early this year. But it was the best one to have if you get skin cancer. 

I torn my rotator cup and had to see a doctor. If it wasn't for that injury I wouldn't have known i had skin cancer or I was pre diabetic. 

This was my first time in almost 20 years going to see a doctor. It was also my first time seeing her. 

She doesn't mess around. 

36 days ago I saw her because my shoulder was hurting again and I mentioned I found 2 lumps. She had things happen quite. 

I trust God that what ever I have or had in me is going to be the best cancer to recover from. 

I just found out 2 days ago that the lumps was cancerous . I'm confident that no matter the outcome is God is in control. 

That is why I don't worry and honestly don't care that I'm going through this. 

Its already has changed who I'm to be a better person..

I hope you have a wonderful day 💗 

LindaG
Regular Contributor

Hi, at last you got your diagnosis!  I wonder if they think it’s lymphoma? Anyway you’ll know soon enough. You are amazing with your attitude. I’m a woman of faith but it was still an emotional battle for me during the diagnosis and treatment of lymphoma. But I hung on anyway 🙏. My little church family were so supportive as well as my family and friends. I’ve found it interesting that people I thought would stand by me haven’t and others have been invaluable and unexpected 💜. Every little bit of love helps and it’s made me want to help people even more. 💕 Linda G 

Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

Linda 

Yes we know its lymphoma but not which one. 

May I ask which one you have/ had and where. 

Because they removed the lumps that was cancers I'm not sure if I should say that I have lymphoma or had it...

I have great support at my church as well. 

What surprised me is neither one of my brothers has reached out to me. My wife's ex husband who I love as a brother is constantly checking up on me and has plans on visiting me this coming week.  He's coming from out of state....

My wife's family is doing everything they can to keep up-to-date with all this stuff. 

I have only 2 people in my family that has reached out to me. One Aunt and one cousin. I don't want or need my family to be worried about me. But I'm a little disappointed in them. Which surprised me considering I'm a loner when it comes to dealing with problems I'm going through. 

My kids and Aunt are the only ones I want to tell because they would have been pissed off if they found out. 

But because my wife and I are frim believers in the power of prayer we told everyone. 

Thanks for always replying to my post. 

You are a positive that has come to me during a time of uncertainty 🌹

LindaG
Regular Contributor

Hi Wegotthis, the Lymphona I had was non Hodgkin’s diffuse large BCell. The lymph node in my neck was the one I noticed but the scan showed a lot more below my neck plus 2 in my arm. The treatment I had was RCHOP which is 5 different drugs for 6 rounds. It’s worked really well and has got rid of it. They had to adjust the dosage after the first round as I had a severe reaction to it and ended up in hospital 3 times!! Once the dose was reduced I coped with the treatment a lot better. So that’s my story!! Xx Linda G

Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Linda for answering my questions. 

Glad to hear that your treatments worked!!

I believe that you and I will sharing a similar story. 

I'm still waiting for that call!!! Oh the fun of waiting!!!

Have a awesome day 😎 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.