do I tell my ex?

olimcc20

do I tell my ex?

Hi, 

I'm 18. My girlfriend of 6 months, the person I thought I was going to end up marrying broke up with me because of the distance (she was at college, I'm doing a remote semester). That was 13 days later, and she's already with someone else. I was diagnosed with a cancerous primary tumor in the left chamber of my heart. I'm in love with that girl. I don't have a lot of time left. Doctors estimate 7 months. Do I call her, do I tell her that I want to spend whatever time I have left with her? I can't imagine my life without her. 

4 REPLIES 4
sch
Super Contributor

Re: do I tell my ex?

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your cancer and also breaking up with your gf.

A double loss like this always makes everything so much harder.

How long ago were you diagnosed with cancer?

What have the doctors told you about what your treatment options are?

What stage is the cancer?

I think giving your x-gf a call and let her know what has happened and what your situation is would be a good idea. But you might want to talk to her about how she feels about the situation. It might not be how you think it might be.

Do have family to spend your time with?

-s

0 Kudos
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Tears are just falling so quickly that I can't hold on.  If it makes you happy it can't be bad.

0 Kudos
Traci-Renee
Frequent Contributor

I’m so sorry to hear your sick!  I was wondering, do you have a close friend or friend that speaks to her?  Maybe they could talk to her, but if you feel strongly enough to call her.  I say do it!!! As long as you believe she will be a positive light to you and your treatment...God Bless 

Illawarrian
New Contributor

I don't think she's coming back

By all means let her know.  I think she'd like to be told. But you're dealing with two losses here, and I don't believe she will come back to you. See a psychologist or get some kind of help to deal with this. Is it possible for you to have a heart transplant? 

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.