fear of diagnosis

bodymycin
New Contributor

fear of diagnosis

Hello every on. iam very happy and lucky to find this forum. i have no cancer yet, but i have astrong feeing i will have. hier i musst tell avery strange story. for 4 years now i have had the habbit of washing my mouth with 70 percent ethanol. that was once every 3 or 4 days. during this time i thought that Alcohol is metabolized only in the liver to the carcinogenic Acetaldehyde. now i know this happens also in the mouth. ofcourse i have stopped all this but i can not control my fears about getting oral cancer. i really act as if iam an oral cancer patient. i feel that the pains i  live now are much more than those of areal cancer patient. i donot know what to to. i can not sleep . the feelibg of guilt will kill me. please help me

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: fear of diagnosis

Hi @bodymycin,

If you are concerned, you should go and see your GP. If you look like you have something wrong, they will organise some test & then you'll know, one way or the other. It could put your mind at rest.

All the best
Budgie
bodymycin
New Contributor

hi Budgie... thank you very much for your kind reply... actually it is more confusing also for GP or adentist... the Alcohol metabolite ( Acetaldehyde ) is thought to induce DNA damage which can (if not repaired) lead to amutatiin with subsequent cancer initiation. this process may take years or decades. i also can not examine my mouth every morning... the only solution for me is to forget all about it und go on with my life. i try to but i can not. i heard about atechnique used to detect any DNA damage but i do not know where to ask.... bodymycin

0 Kudos
Budgie
Super Contributor

Sorry, I can't help you there.
Take care.🙂
Budgie
0 Kudos
Dee58
Contributor

I don't know for sure but there is a natural medicine place in Fremantle who have all these amazing machine and can do a lot of different testing on people even things like heavy metal testing... why not give them a call - maybe they can help?  It's NatMed and their details are:

NatMed Natural Medicine Clinic 
89 George Street, East Fremantle WA 6158

T: 08 9339 1999  

0 Kudos
OzStu
Contributor

@bodymycin 

Just go and have an oral examination every once in a while and apart from that forget about it and get on with your life.  That's what I am doing and I'm an ex smoker or 42 years who actually has had oral cancer which spread to advanced stage right through neck.  This particular cancer has a high rate of recurrence.  But what can I do......it is what it is........the future is uncertain.   It could come back next week, next year.....5 years time.....or never.   Only time will tell........so live well and be happy, for tomorrow we die.   The last part of that will be true one day no matter what you do or don't do.   

0 Kudos
bodymycin
New Contributor

Hallo Dee58 

thank you very much for your kind reply.. actually i have visited 2 dentists and they say it is nothing. i have also contacted the world health organization. scientists say that the major amount af the carcinogenic acetaldehyde come from the microbial oxidation of ethanol. and because the solution i used was 70 percent, so it will kill almost all bacteria in the mouth and the only amount of Acetaldehyde will come from mucosal oxidation in the mouth and this amount is very small and will not initiate carcinogenesis.. but because i orginally did so as aresult of my OCD... the OCD keeps telling me things about how much alcohol i used and how frequently i made it.. so my problem hat 2 Faces.. the OCD and the Possibble cancer i might face in the future.. 

0 Kudos
PeterK
Contributor

Hi bodynycin
Thank you for sharing your story
If you have any concerns about your health please make an appointment to see your Dr where you can voice your concerns and hopefully this will put your mind at ease and give you some peace.
I wish you all the very best for a positive outcome and I hope your journey is a good one.
Kind Regards 🌺 🌺 Peter 🌺 🌺
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.