Feel good, enjoyments of life...

inga
Occasional Contributor

Feel good, enjoyments of life...  Happy stuff... I thought at I open this thread for things outside of C-word. Like at what nice things happened to you, sharing our good moments. Wish I would know at how to attatch some nice photos, I got few of funny pets. Anything goes,,,, fun positive to share us all up. Jokes, humour, good feelings, anything positive that has come to your way. ========================= Todays jokes::: -They say children brighten the home. Thats because they never turn of the lights. -Small boy watching his mum do the washing. " Mum where did you work before you got this job here with us?" Your turn............... ==========================  It's mothers day, I wish for all mothers a wonderfull day for tomorrow. Lots of guddles from loving children..    
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
jlawson
New Contributor

Hello Inga, you reminded me of something a beautiful Social Worker once did for our Group.  She initiated that each of us, no matter what our news, try to insert just one thing that was "Good" that happened over the 3 weeks since last meeting...Boy, some of our members dug DEEP to give her that 'something Good', it ended up being one of the highlights of the meetings...and indeed, the process was something really good for us all...funny thing is, we let it slip over the years....and it began again just this morning...Now I find your lovely post...Good for you...and now, my something good is....finding your post.  THANKS.  ps I'll do better next time..lolo Jean
0 Kudos
inga
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Jean, your group sounds like real funny bunch of people.   Todays joke.. "I dont want you to bring your dog in to the house. Its full of fleas" she said. "Rusty, stay out of the house. Its full of fleas". My cat Sphinx got over exited, there was a pigeon on our balcony,  she got down on her hunches, wiggled her bottom, ready to pounch,,,,,, Yeas she took a big leap speeded right on to screen door, bouched back, bird took a flight.. I could not stop laughing, as she looked at me with her shameface look.. Am I bad, I said sorry later and gave her a extra yammy meal afterwards, to release me from shaming her.. But she is still sulking...
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

Hi Inga, what a wonderful message!Like you,I wish I knew how to get my photos from camera to computer! I can go for nearly a whole day without thinking about pancreatic  c-word,I walk my dogs on the beach every day....my saviours! Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher?.....couldn't control her pupils..... I've got heaps of jokes but that is the only clean one I know!!!!!
0 Kudos
Louise_E
Occasional Contributor

Re: Feel good, enjoyments of life...

I'll put in a Silly Joke "Doctor, Doctor, I want a second opinion" "Ok, come back tomorrow" Laughter is the best medicine and I love getting a positive feeling. I'm so happy I discovered this part of the blogs! Cheers, Louise E
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Sometimes it does take a Rocket Scientist!! (true story)Scientists at Rolls > >Royce built a gun specifically to launch deadchickens at the windshields of > >airliners and military jets alltravelling at maximum velocity. The idea is > >to simulate the frequent incidentsof collisions with airborne fowl to test > >the strength of the windshields. > >American engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test iton the > >windshields of their new high speed trains. Arrangements weremade, and a > >gun was sent to the American engineers.When the gun was fired, the > >engineers stood shocked as the chickenhurled out of the barrel, crashed > >into the shatterproof windshield,smashed it to smithereens, blasted through > >the control console, snapped theengineer's back-rest in two and embedded > >itself in the back wall of the cabinlike an arrow shot from a bow. -- > >The horrified Yanks sent Rolls Royce the disastrous results of > >theexperiment, along with the designs of the windshield and beggedthe > >British scientists for suggestions.Rolls Royce responded with a one-line > >memo:"Defrost the chicken."
0 Kudos
Not applicable

What a great topic. i've just twittered to let other people know they can visit and take a break here! Emmag
0 Kudos
larn75
Contributor

Here is a little giggle for all. Today it was my daughters 8th birthday. Bj is a real tomboy, climbing trees, playing with dinosaurs and handling bugs and reptiles whenever she is allowed! Anyway, a friend who is invited to her full camo gear laser skirmish party asked her if she would like a Bratz or Barbie as a present. She says thank you so much for asking but I cant have one. I am allergic to them. They make me feel very sick and i dont want to be sick on my birthday party!??!?!? What the....? When I asked her why she said that she said its true, and when I have to play them with my friends, I get really tired too. haha. Guess Barbies are boring to Bj 🙂
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

cherish larn ... moments like that are precious and funny. Thanks for sharing ! Julie xo
0 Kudos
larn75
Contributor

Like the time she couldnt sleep when she slept at her friends as the fish were farting. Bj has MANY moments like this. :-)
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.