Arrhythmia

JohnDenning59
Contributor

Arrhythmia

Hi all, a side-effect I've had from my pancreatic cancer is the development of Arrhythmia, where my heart rate soars out of the blue up to around 150 bpm and doesn't come down again. I got some heart tabs from the doc to take as needed, but yesterday's attack was the worst yet. I felt it hit me and I had to sit on the floor for fear of falling over. I'm getting used to them now, and because I know that I have something to take, I don't panic. But they are damn annoying. Extreme dizziness, basically, whilst my heart tries to get back into a normal rhythm. 

Just curious. Has anyone else developed these? Or am I going through some kind of a unique double whammy?

As I've always said, though, from the very beginning. It'll take a lot more than a deadly cancer and some heart problems to bring down this little black duck. That's a Daffy Duck reference by the way 🙂

Oh, and tomorrow morning I'm scheduled for me first post-chemo CT scan to see if this thing is shrinking, growing, or staying the same. I'll let you know the outcome.

JD

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Arrhythmia

All the best for tomorrow JD💕. Linda G 

0 Kudos
JohnDenning59
Contributor

Okay, I got my CT scan results. Initially I was dealing with a 43mm tumour on my pancreas that had spread to my lymph nodes and enveloped two main arteries. After six weeks of chemo, my scan shows that I'm now dealing with a 13mm tumour that has shown no signs of metastasizing. This thing has shrunk big time!

I still need to talk with my oncologist about the artery problem, but I suspect they are going to need to stick something down my throat again to have a closer look. All in all, though, it's fantastic news, and I now know that all of the bad chemo side-effects have been worth it.

Again, I'll keep you posted on developments.

JD

PS: Pancreatic cancer caught in its advanced stages is  ranked high amongst the most dangerous cancers out there, and is often fatal. But I am going to be the exception to that rule. I'm going to kick this thing's arse.

LindaG
Regular Contributor

Hi JD, that’s the best news!!!  Hallelujah!  So happy for you. Yes news like that makes chemo worthwhile! 💕💕 Linda G 

0 Kudos
JohnDenning59
Contributor

Thanks, Linda, and I can tell you now that I was quite surprised, as was my doctor. I have to keep reminding myself not to get too cocky about this, because I still have a long battle ahead, but at least now I know that this thing can be defeated, and it will be 😎

Keep us all posted on your situation, too.

JD

0 Kudos
beekubee
New Contributor

That’s great news about the progress! Hope things keep getting better
0 Kudos
JohnDenning59
Contributor

Thanks, beekubee, I'll keep you all posted.

JD

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.