Financial Costs

SILLY
Super Contributor

Re: Financial Costs

I agree that it is unfair and usually as an in-patient scans are covered by health funds, I thought.
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

For me PETs and MRIs which I have had ,not as an in-patient, are not refundable through Medicare or my health fund. I was told that it is different if you are in hospital.Six years my husband was in hospital for 2 weeks and had lots of tests,scans etc, and the health fund paid all.
0 Kudos
oldhippy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Silly, is it possible to be booked in as a day patient for the scans etc. If the machine is part of the hospital group, should be do- able. Andrew
0 Kudos
Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

I hope you are well.  I know this is a old post but I have to say your comments on the US made me smile 

Health care can be very expensive depending on your income. 

I know a family of 4 who pays $500 a year for health insurance.  My wife and I pay close to $700 a month for us.

The family of 4 pays nothing out of pocket for health treatments. 

I'm not even sure if I do have cancer. I'm waiting on a biopsy report. 

In the last 30 days I have been billed for over $4000 and I don't even know for sure. 

There is a lot of bad things about the US that's for sure. But the good out weights the bad. 

If you ever find yourself in California look me up 🙂

0 Kudos
sch
Super Contributor

Hi Wegotthis,

I think it's fair to say that everyone feels that their country is the best 🙂

There are a few Americans who are regulars on this forum. You are always welcome here. Just watch out for the dropbears ok?

Best of luck with your treatment.

-s

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.