Head and neck cancer

mikey
Contributor

Head and neck cancer

Hi rarbie, that's wonderful news. Best Christmas present ever!
0 Kudos
Gaffo
Occasional Contributor

Head and neck cancer

Hi Rarbie, The Australian Red Cross runs a camouflage clinic in Sydney which teaches people how to use makeup to cover the skin graft. The Red Cross Perth number is 1800 810 710, they should have a similar service or try the cancer council. The scar on your neck will fade pretty quickly. Try not to worry to much about the surgery, the main thing is they get it all. Its also amazing how quickly the body heals. You can do this. Warm Regards Gaffo.  
0 Kudos
mikey
Contributor

Head and neck cancer

Hi rarbie. Cause you're allowed to use the forums. As far as I know this is the only internet forum of it's kind in Australia. There is another specifically for leukemia but that's about it. I hope cancer camp gives you the respite you need and you come back stronger in mind and body.
0 Kudos
Gabe
Occasional Contributor

Head and neck cancer

Hi Raven, Is the ACSCSN site correct as I get an error when trying to connect. In any case as Tizz says check out the OCF site. If you register with the same name of Raven we can acknowledge your joining as no doubt others will as well.  Be prepared to spend many hours on this site as there is a wealth of information and posts by others with this awful cancer. Cheers Gabe
0 Kudos
mikey
Contributor

Head and neck cancer

Hi Tizz and Gabe, welcome to the website. I work for the Cancer Council and I help to moderate these forums. The site has been up and running for 6 months or so now but we've only just started advertising it. There's a subscribe link at the top of the forum if you want to be sent an email every time the head & neck forum gets a new post
0 Kudos
tizz
Occasional Contributor

Head and neck cancer

My silly avatar is back
0 Kudos
jenny
Occasional Contributor

Head and neck cancer

thanks for the information as I said I am still fing my way around the sites.  Do you know anywhere I can get information on what to do for a very dry mouth.  I have just started to put weight on and hope to get my teeth sorted out soon.  I would give anything to be able to have a piece of bread and meat with coughing and chocking.  Hope you are keeping well I am off to the Doctors tomorrow and hope I will get a good report.  I have joined a support group in Port Macquarie and have made come very good caring friends. We are having Xmas in July luch this week should be fun.  Take care Jenny
0 Kudos
rarbie
Contributor

Head and neck cancer

Thanks Gaffo, We are in the whitsundays-pretty cool place to recover from cancer I think! I may have to start a foundation when I get back home to fundraise for all cancer people to have a pre-paid holiday here post treatment!!!!! Thanks for your kind words of support and hello to all the new people-amazing increase in people here! :+) Rarbie
0 Kudos
tizz
Occasional Contributor

Head and neck cancer

Yes, join OCF, a wealth of information. I wrote 4 stories and they appear on the "Patient Stories" section on the home page. My real name is Meredith.Cheers!Tizz (aka Meredith)
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.