About to lose husband to brain tumour

EmmaTM
New Contributor

About to lose husband to brain tumour

Hi there - I am new to this website, and also about to lose my husband to a brain tumour. I would like to connect with/hear from others who have been through a similar journey, or anyone affected by cancer really. What a horrible thing to go through.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
maddie86
Contributor

Re: About to lose husband to brain tumour

im really sorry... i lost my husband late november to colon cancer... you can pm me if you would like to ask questions.. all i can say is take care of yourself and say everything u need to... xxxx
0 Kudos
exhausted
Contributor

Hello Emma My husband has a brain tumour also. It is an awful journey.Stuart has a GBM and is terribly disabled with it to the point I just wish it was over. Sorry that is so depressing but thats my reality. Terese.
0 Kudos
Minx
Contributor

Hey Emma We've been on our GBM journey for a few days short of 14 months. Pete's 1st craniotomy was Nov '11 had 2nd craniotomy in Dec '12 and just commenced his 2nd round of radiation/chemo. Hope your husband is travelling well, and that you are too. Min
0 Kudos
EmmaTM
New Contributor

Thank you for your comments, and for reaching out to me. My beautiful husband returned home to heaven this morning, and I feel privileged that he let me be by his side when the time came. I still can't believe he won't be coming home again. He loved flying and was an excellent pilot - about half an hour after he passed, I heard a small aeroplane circling overhead. One of the nurses also saw it - a Tiger Moth. I knew he sent it to us to let us know he was OK.
0 Kudos
wendymacleod20
Occasional Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure your husband will be watching over you. Take care 😞
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Emma I am sorry for your loss hugsss ... cancer is such a bitch and cruel. hugss Julie
0 Kudos
jobeth
Occasional Contributor

Hi Emma, You are in my thoughts, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My husband has GBM so I understand the devestation caused by this awful cancer. Take care of yourself and heal well. Jobeth...
0 Kudos
Pennygirl1968
Not applicable

Oh Emma, I don't know you, but am so sorry for your loss. I too believe in the power of signs - how beautiful that your husband reached out to you in that way. Best wishes for you.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.