Terminal lung

LeeRoy
New Contributor

Terminal lung

I was given 6 months to live 9 months ago and I have been given chemotherapy then immunotherapy ongoing and now radiation therapy for small cell lung cancer,

Two new tumors have metastasized to my chest wall they also have had radiation therapy 5 sessions each I'm in so much pain now especially at night on Fentanyl, OxyNom, Endone and others, 

Now a nurse from pelitve care I see every 2 weeks wants to give me a butterfly to administer Morphine on a regularly and I'm just sick of it , 

I wish I would just have a massive heart attack and die, I'm sorry if it offends but I'm just so tired of living 

13 REPLIES 13
RJG
Frequent Contributor

Re: Terminal lung

Hi LeeRoy,

I am so sorry to hear of your suffering. I have no idea how I would manage to cope in a similar situation.

Perhaps it is time to have a discussion with your family about moving to Victoria.

My thoughts are with you.

Rick

0 Kudos
sch
Super Contributor

Hi LeeRoy,

This is tough.  While I haven't been exactly where you are before, I've been very ill and thought that the end of my life as I knew it was here.

Do you have family nearby?

Where are you based?

-sch

0 Kudos
LeeRoy
New Contributor

@sch wrote:

Hi LeeRoy,

This is tough.  While I haven't been exactly where you are before, I've been very ill and thought that the end of my life as I knew it was here.

Do you have family nearby?

Where are you based?

-sch

Hi sch,

I have been admitted to hospital today and under new pain management with a butterfly cannula to administer Morphine when required mixed with other medications I'm kind of happy with my situation at the moment,  family with me

I'm in Melbourne 

Thanks sch

LeeRoy
New Contributor

Thanks Rick
I'm in hospital with help
Cheers for understanding
tina80
New Contributor

I do hope you recover against all odds, my thoughts and prayers are with you.. 
I found focusing on my breath from time to time helped me while going through my journey..

LeeRoy
New Contributor

@tina80 wrote:

I do hope you recover against all odds, my thoughts and prayers are with you.. 
I found focusing on my breath from time to time helped me while going through my journey..

Hi Tina, thanks for your kind words I'm in hospital as I write this I have seen my oncologist and Palliative care people, I'm in a different state of mind just now having spoken to them, 

Sure I will feel better with new pain management.

Cheers LeeRoy 

Ngahuia
New Contributor

Greetings Lee Roy

I understand the emotions that you are feeling, for like you I too suffered in simlar when they diagnosed my survival rate, but I am still here. It is so Overwhelming Holistically that our Coping Mechanisms are not what we hoped for. 

Such Courage to Share to let us Read your Voice hence helping others to Express the Emotions we too often keep to ourselves.

Thank You and Heal with Light

CaptainAustrali
Super Contributor

Mate, I think your fight now is as much psychological as it is physical.

I hope that your prognosis improves, I hope that instead of words like 'palliative', words like 'remission' start to creep into doctorly discussion.

BUT, if they don't, I'd gently suggest that you put your hand firmly on the wheel and decide where and how you want the ship to beach itself.

We, none of us, know what comes next, but if you're facing the end of your life - it's not over yet.  You still have time.  I think if you are resolute in warding off the fatigue, the suffering, the grief, you could make sure that whatever time remains to you (whether it's days, weeks, months or years) has at least some touch of joy and dignity.

It's lovely that you have family with you, and that the medical people are helping manage your pain.  

As a fellow cancer sufferer, I know how all of this stuff feels.   I'd just urge you to consider that we (all of us) have a dwindling amount of sand in the hourglass.  However much time remains to you, I hope that despair doesn't colour it too much.  I hope that you can find the mental strength to push through that, and embrace whatever time remains, and take whatever love and happiness you can squeeze out of it.

Enjoy your family, hold their hands, smile at them.  Let them read to you if it pleases them.  Tell them whatever it is you might need to tell them.  Try and be happy from one moment to the next.

And probably stop posting here 🙂

yvonne3333
Visitor

I have the same issues diagnose given 6 months now in my 10th month

Mentally hard to deal with

trying my best to keep others positive 

I know that i am unable to change anything , if only i had the date of when i would go then i could plan

prayers for you

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.