And now he is gone...what the f**k!

Hopeful
Occasional Contributor

And now he is gone...what the f**k!

One week ago my sweet husband lost his 18 month battle with brain cancer (GBM). I am now a widow at 29 years old. At first I just felt happy for him that he no longer had to suffer but it is getting so much harder to cope everyday. I don't think I will ever recover from this. Luckily our 2 year old son to keeps me going but I am just so gutted and empty and devastated. What just happened to our beautiful life? I want him back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Smiley
Contributor

Re: And now he is gone...what the f**k!

Hug your son and let his little face light up your day when things get to much - little boys give the best cuddles I wish I could say something inspirational to make you feel better. Xx
0 Kudos
maddie86
Contributor

im very sorry.. this must be so terribly hard for you.. theres a book about a young widow which id recommend.. its called wife interuppted by amy malloy.. its really good. My thoughts are with you through this hard time.. xo
0 Kudos
Rodney
Contributor

I am so sorry and I can understand the subject title !!!!!! I agree give your son a hug kids make things brighter but it's a tough battle for you and feel free to vent here we all in someway are connected by this horrific disease. Take care Rod
0 Kudos
Jan_lw
Occasional Contributor

I have been trying so hard not to think about what it is that you are going through right now because its far too painful. I hope and pray every day that I won't have to feel the Real hurt. I know that time heals all (most) wounds Hopeful but that does not help you now. Nothing anyone says will take the pain away but hopefully it will provide you with some comfort and warmth. My partner and I had our (second) wedding planned for early Oct and two weeks ago we were hit with devasting news. We wont wait till Oct now. Take care Hopeful and cry and scream when you need to and lean on those who have a good shoulder. xx
0 Kudos
oldhippy
Occasional Contributor

Yep, it really sucks, doesn't it. In time, it will get easier to "cope" with (sometimes, words are sooo inadequate. And you have every right to feel grief, anger, - your not abnormal there, your a person. You have your son, you have good memories to carry forward, to be able to give to him when hes older. And thats a good thing. This is all terribly complicated isnt it - all this stuff we are suddenly hit with, never done it before,dont know what to do. Its not just a page in a book. Its happening. Just muddle along, do the best that you can, - its a horrible journey, a very individual one, I do honestly wish you well. Hugs, Andrew the oldhippy.
0 Kudos
Jadeski
New Contributor

Hey Hopeful I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost the love of my life in May 2011, he had a GBM4 as well, he survived 12months and 1 day, so I am also a widow at 32. I totally understand and feel your loss. I do not know how to go on, he was my everything, he was my world. You are blessed to have a beautiful baby boy that will always be a special part of you and your partner. I have managed to go back to work, not by choice, money being a reason and needing to keep busy or I am a mess. I am looking for support to get through this and to hear of other peoples experiences. I am not sure if this will help but I need something to help me carry on. The hurt, the pain, the anger of why is just getting too much.
0 Kudos
debstar
Occasional Contributor

oh darling, I wish I had eloquent words for you to express how terribly sad I feel that you have to go through this heartache, i don't unfortunately have such words, all I have is my heartfelt words of understanding, not that I am at all suggesting its the same thing, because I know its nothing like losing your life and your soul, however, I lost my dad a year ago and for my self it was hard to lose such a beautiful strong man. someone who had always been there for me, and now that I am going through this battle with my darling Fiancée, I don't think you ever get over the pain, it just seems a little easier to smile as time goes on, its weird but I find myself smiling at things i know my dad would find funny, or nice .. like the pale headed Rosella that sits on my back fence, my dad always wanted to have one because he loved the yellow colour of their faces, now when i see one i think of him and i smile and say out loud.. hey dad look at that, your favourite, i know he will hear me so i don't feel silly. nothing any one can say will make you feel "better", but please know that we in some small way feel your pain with you and sharing how you feel by putting it down in writing will help you. my thoughts and wishes for a time that you may feel peace and for a time where you will smile again. sending you my very best wishes, from Debstar
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello dear, and today when I read this I felt so sad for you. My husband of 42 years will die in the next few months unless we get a miracle. You have not had this time with your partner, and it must feel like being 'cheated' in the worst way. All your hopes and dreams for the future are gone, and I like you will be so angry with the whole world. I have read everyone's comments and the only thing I would say is keep writing in,keep talking to friends and most of all keep talking to the one you have loved and lost because I really believe he hears you. In my prayers...good luck from Jeaneil
0 Kudos
wombat4
Contributor

One day you are walking in sunshine, dreams, plans, hopes, a wonderful future. Then all taken away in the blink of an eye. Devastation, at the diagnosis only begins to describe how we feel, and of course the question, how the hell did we end up here ? and then the caring, and then the terrible finality. I wish I had answers, but I dont. My soul mate of 40yrs died 21 dec last, from colorectal cancer. I was such a can-do person, so motivated, nothing too much trouble, and now..... its like being picked up and thrown into an abyss. No light, no sunshine, just emptyness. Seek counselling, just to talk to people about it helps. Be kind to yourself, allow yourself to express the trauma you are going through. Your husband will come back to you in the love you had together, and the memories you both have, and of course your wonderful son. Time may or may not blank out the pain, it is so soon for you, time may act as a sedative to numb the pain, but the lovely memories will still be there. You are not alone in this. wombat4
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.