Diagnosed today

mikey
Contributor

Diagnosed today

Hi Qijote, welcome to the website. It's a scary and confusing time when you're first diagnosed. Feel free to ask us any questions and please keep us up to date
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
Quijote
Contributor

Diagnosed today

thanks mikey. This web site is a real help as is the phone service that I used today to get some answers to questions that were really bugging me.  I am quickly learning about taking a day at a time. Something very new to me. God bless you all.
0 Kudos
inga
Occasional Contributor

Diagnosed today

Hi everyone... I havent got diagnosed yet. I found a lump in my breast, saw a doctor, and today went to mammogram and ultrasound. In a few days answers would come. for more testing or so. But I thought to get logged here early,  I may sound pompous, please do not miss understand me. I'm naive, a bit conserned too, so I'm logged in here. I find this site very informative, but they wont stop my mind to wander in to all if's. If this happens, or that happens, how do I handle myself mentally.? I know, I have run away with it too far too soon. Maybe just a one day a time.  
0 Kudos
Quijote
Contributor

Diagnosed today

Don't worry about being pompous, where all here with the same worries and challenges. I hope yours turns out to be something quite treatable. I'm now waiting on my first session of chemo and my attitude is starting to change from fear to a desire to get on with it. Keep in touch and let me know how it goes.
0 Kudos
inga
Occasional Contributor

Diagnosed today

Thank you to wellcoming me in. I'm new and confused with it all. It is amazing at what fed days deep thinking does, life values slightly differs from yesterday.. I gave a big hug to my teen ager daughter, she were a bit scuirmish, looked me at I have lost my marbles. I actually told her, at where i'm now. Sure, she went "I dont wanna know about it mum". But I felt at she need to be informed asap,  kids /teens feel more than we can hide. And when we go this journey together, she ignoring, but knowing, and maybe one day respecting our relationship at we do not hide anything from each. It is respect in my eyes. This is a new road, more to learn, accept, respect.....  
0 Kudos
Quijote
Contributor

Diagnosed today

its not easy telling anyone especially your own kids. But Ive found them to be more resilient than I thought. At least they appera to shut out negative thoughts better than I do. I talked to someone today and it was interesting because I don't view it as a "battle". Its not like I have a choice but to take whats given and let nature decide how my body responds. Certainly a positive attitude makes each day more pleasant. But I can now see it clearly as a journey, a detour in the life that I thought I had planned and maybe will get back on again one day. It has changed my perspective on life and whats important and how interesting it is to accept that not many others can see it. You have to be in these shoes to trully know it. take care
0 Kudos
inga
Occasional Contributor

Diagnosed today

Quote: You have to be in these shoes to trully know it. take care   -------- I did not meant to be all knowing at all. Sorry if I said something wrong. I'm just getting these shoes fitted. I really dont know at what to expect, or how to fit in to my shoes. It's a journey for me, to find my humblessness again, and accept it. I think at my ego is having bigger journey than my body. I'm just a beginner here.
0 Kudos
Quijote
Contributor

Diagnosed today

you saidnothing wrong at all. I was referring to people outside this community or forthat matter anyone not facing serious illnesses like these.  anyway, what else is happeningin your life?  
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

Diagnosed today

Hi guys,I really think it is a battle we have to wage..I was diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer and ,even after 2.5yrs,I still battle this everyday. The biggest thing is to enjoy every day the best way you can.That's,to me, the one thing we have that the general population don't have.After going through this we know what's important!!!!If you think about it,we're the lucky ones
0 Kudos
inga
Occasional Contributor

Diagnosed today

Hi you all, I got test results of my mammogrph and scans, all clear. My Doc said at they are not 100% secure, so next to get biobsy of the lump. It took few days to collect my courage, other words to hype myself to see my Doc. I was ready, then I felt confused again, like missing out, (it may sound funny). I was ready for more serious answers. Feeling mislead, I feel at I have misslead you other posters with nothing. I go for biobsy and see what next. Take care..  
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.