Endometrial cancer

Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Re: Endometrial cancer

Hi Budgie,

That's a pretty cute cat.  I am definitely a dog person but understand that other peope love cats and that's fine.   Where did you go on holiday?  Are you back in the land of the "normal".  If so, how was it?  Any pointers for us in the twilight zone waiting for treatment to end?

0 Kudos
Katekat
Valued Contributor

That's a gorgeous kitty @Budgie, himalayan? burmese? We had siamese growing up!

Definitely a dog person over here too Smiley Very Happy

Something a little bit different this week! Who remembers the amazing Danny Kaye and this little movie?

Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Thanks KateKat.  Loved Danny Kaye as a child.  

In my early 20's I was working in the Pemier's Department and Danny Kaye was Visiting Melbourne.  I was allowed to go to the Reception for him and was able to meet him.  It was a beautiful moment.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Hj7bp38f8

My daughters loved Fiddler on the Roof when they were young.  My youngest taped the music from the film and they would act out all the songs in the film.  The funny thing now is, they're all in their 30's and at family dancing get togethers the girls will put on this music and sing.  My sons, who hated Fiddler on the Roof and were highly offended as youngsters with their sisters playing the music, now sing and dance with them and they're WORD PERFECT!  

Five of my grand daughters have recently played the music, watched the film and put on a performance for the family of the Matchmaker.   

Budgie
Super Contributor

Hi Lampwork54,

We went to Adelaide, then across to Sydney, Gosford, Newcastle,  Bawley Point, Canberra, then back home to Melbourne.   We were catching up with family at every stop.  Wonderful but exhausting.   

My "normal" is an oral chemo tablet every day,  until either it stops working or I can't stand the side effects any more.   But my side effects are very mild compared to most people.  The worst thing I'm suffering from is blisters on the bottom of my feet.  That and not being able to eat chillies  anymore because it affects my mouth too.  

Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Thanks Budgie.  Sounds like a great trip.  

Blisters on the bottom of your feet?  Reminded me of the song - Diamonds on the soles of her shoes -Paul Simon.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I_T3XvzPaM

Chillies will be a loss for now but hopefully that will improve in the future.  I hope normal improves for you in the near future.    

My radiation finishes in 2 days.   Dietician told me today that things will get  alot worse for me over the next two weeks.  I don't like that kind of news.  Just when you think you're nearlyn through it.   Hopefully , my symptoms will be minimal.  

Good luck Budgie. Hope you can finish your course of tablets and be well again.

0 Kudos
Budgie
Super Contributor

I am often thinking of that song too.  

Unfortunately for me, when I finish with this chemo there are no treatments left for me,  so then it will be a natural progression of whatever happens.

Fingers crossed for you that it won't get as bad as what you've been told.  It really does depend on the individual. 

@Katekat our pretty pussy is a seal point rag doll.  Such a beautiful temperament.   I had a Siamese when I was a child.  They're gorgeous cats as well.   I love all animals - tigers are my favorite.

Katekat
Valued Contributor

Here's one that's guaranteed to drive you up the wall, my kids sing it incessantly!

Lehiatus
Contributor

There will be days like this

How is everyone going on this slightly grey, slightly sunny day? 

I’m okay, first week with only 2 medical appointments instead of 3 or 4, and praise all good things, I’ve finished clexane daily injections! But my oncology meeting is nxt Tuesday, and just this last week I’ve been experiencing brutal joint pain in my hands, elbows, shoulders and knees. I’m scared, every little ache or twinge sends my mind running, but this is it right? - there will be days like this. 

@PhilPepper where are you buddy? Are you ok? 

@Lampwork54 how are you today?

@Budgie whats news?

@RJG Got a favourite Friday song?

@Katekat we are at 176 comments! Reckon we can have a cancer comments party here? 

@sch Hows it going for you- plans for the weekend?

Hope you’re all doing ok today 👍🏼

Claire 

RJG
Frequent Contributor

I try to choose a positive attitude every day. And so my favourite morning song (every morning) is Good Day Sunshine by The Beatles.
Lehiatus
Contributor

That’s a brilliant song- as are pretty much all Beatles songs! Hope you have a great day! 

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.