Artist is no longer in recovery

artist_in_recov
Occasional Contributor

Artist is no longer in recovery

I have not been here for quite a while. I had to limit my time here a few years ago when my university studies became more time consuming. I finished my studies (Bachelor of Arts (ART) ) at the end of last year and graduated early this year. Then in March this year I started my Master of Art Therapy. The day after the first day back for second semester, my leukaemia from 2005 relapsed. Almost 7 years after my initial diagnosis, a relaps at this stage is bad - it means the relapsed leukaemia is stronger and harder to treat. I was in hospital having re-induction chemotherapy fpr all of August and into the beginning of September - I went into remission and now I am going to a different hospital for a Bone Marrow Transplant. I'd be interested in speaking with anyone who is familiar with relapsed ALL and/or BMT.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
harker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Artist is no longer in recovery

Hi Me again. I have had stem cells harvested and stored for a BMT, but I have not needed to call on them yet. Thinking of you. H
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

Oh Artist, my heart goes out to you.
0 Kudos
Zen-moment
Occasional Contributor

Hi Artist - I joined this site just before you headed off due to study load, and I remember being in awe of your amazing writing. It's good to "see" you again, and yet I, like others have said, am sad that it's a relapse that has brought you back to this space. Thinking of you and wishing you well. Zen
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Artist ... I am sorry you are going through this again. I prefer Artistinrecovery again! Julie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.