Endometrial cancer

Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: Endometrial cancer

Hi Eddymu,
How long has it been since you finished your radiation, & did you manage to have any family members with you while you were having your treatment?
Eddymu
Occasional Contributor

Hi no I didn’t have anyone with me. My youngest daughter was just starting uni at the same time I had surgery. I’ve been a single parent since she was 5. When I went back for radiation I lived in villa accommodation attached to the hospital for 7 weeks. There I met a whole new family who I am in contact with all the time. I finished radiation in June. 

sch
Super Contributor

Hi Phil,

Congratulations on the new job. Did you finish up the last job before you started chemo or was that a side effect of you being away from work for an extended period of time?

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Capecitabine. If it's not the cancer trying to kill you, it's the chemo having a good go at it too from the sounds of it.

I have a new years resolution for you. Let's try and skip having cancer for 2020.

Deal?

Some years are just plan crap. But if we didn't have shitty years, then how could we know just how good the good years are?

I find that dealing with this sort of crap helps to provide us context in our everyday lives for just how bad things can be.

All the best Phil. Hope to cross paths with you one day.

-sch

sch
Super Contributor

Hi Lampwork54,

Still waiting for those photos!

-sch

0 Kudos
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Morning everyone!

I just wanted to check in and see how you're all doing this week?

I've been busy here at work and on the home front, we've been getting ready for Christmas. My tiniest human has her preschool graduation today too, so I've got that to look forward to this afternoon. 

Here's a Christmas carol for you all 🎄

Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Hi KateKat and everyone,

Nothing much has changed here.  I'm 3 months post radiation and still without an appetite.  Have kept very much to myself.  Have had a few times where I've had to pull myself together and go to business meetings.  It's been a stressful time with the company that bought our business going into voluntary dissolution before they paid us.  Luckily, we found another business to go to who will help us get through the crisis until we're back on our feet.  Hopefully, we will survive this set back.  

I can't think of much else to say.  Still knitting scarves and don't have much energy at all.  Little bit of gardening but that's all.  Bees are going well and seem very happy as in going into the hive with lots of pollen on their back legs.  Dogs are well too.  

Today will be a better day. x

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Hi Kit Kate and thread family

I'm back in hospital. Supposed to be checking out of my grand hotel today, but not feeling confident. 

My chemo is done and I've just had my stoma reversal surgery. It seems I have to change forums but Australia doesn't seem to host one for my ongoing issues. Oh well! The UK has it covered. 

So to treat my cancer, they gave me surgery. To treat my surgery, they gave me ileostomy surgery and a 5 month temporary stoma. A stoma is not a lot of work, but was difficult to treat the problems I initially had. Them I had chemo and I had to treat the side effects. Chemo put me in hospital three times because my body couldn't cope, so I needed treatment for that. Still coping with some niggling side effects from chemo, but glad it's behind me.

So now, in the pursuit of some normal living, reversal of stoma, to treat my surgery to treat my cancer. My new surgery treatment is  drawing to an end and nowhere near as severe as the prior. However, learning to reuse my colon... So many problems I'm experiencing and they all require some treatments.

Originally, I rolled everything up into a ball and labelled it cancer treatment. The almighty root treatment. But I've not had cancer since July and all this stupid, long term, painful, uncomfortable, annoying, undesirable, horrible, emotionly challenging, life threatening treatment is giving me the shits. Literally... I have an active colon now. Not a well behaved colon, but active nonetheless. It just means I have more treatments to deal with moving forward.

So is this a rant about cancer or the horrible treatments we endure to beat it. Maybe I just like the word treatment. I'll have to count how many times I've used it in this post.

Anyhooo... i'm doing well, how is everyone else? I'm looking forward to a nice new rabitohs scarf and some soft cheese in my cancer free future.

I will survive 

0 Kudos
RJG
Frequent Contributor

Hi Phil,

Yes, they removed your tumour during surgery. You have not had cancer since then and consider yourself to be cured. But all of what you have been and are going through is directly attributable to the cancer.  If you hadn't had the cancer, you wouldn't have needed the remedies. So it is all "cancer treatment". 

Your condition, treatment and emotions are still relevant to dealing with cancer. Stay with us and continue to share that with us so that others can get your perspective on the end-to-end effect of this insidious affliction that we call cancer.

You know., I was hoping that it wouldn't come to this, but...

Threatening to leave us is 'An act of war'. 'Nobody wins'. You have 'A good heart', and we would miss seeing your photos of the 'Dogs in the kitchen'. So make the 'Sacrifice' and keep sharing your 'Big dipper' rides and 'All the nasties' that you experience with us here.  Don't let this be 'The last song'. When you are 'Home again', you can sip on some 'Elderberry wine' while you are 'Writing' 'Your song' 'Whenever you're ready'  to help others as they deal with their 'Runaway train'. 

I'll stop here - I wouldn't want to out do the Master.

Big hugs!

Rick

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Hi RJG

Treat 5

Treatment 6

Treatments 2

Grand total 13 for treatment related words.

No act of war intended. Looking for more focussed support on topics such as inflamed butt holes. I still have a big heart but a swollen butthole to match.

This could be Pepper's revenge. Now he's been forced back into the dark void of my belly. Maybe Pepper's trying a blockade... No shit will pass. Or perhaps Pepper is only letting the shitty shit pass. It has been very shitty. Not the usual shit though. I feel there will be a shitty tally coming up in my next post. It's the new word of over use and abuse.

Nice work on the song references. I'm surprised you had the stomache for it... BURN! Elton's in Australia at the moment. Looking forward to seeing him in concert early next year.

In the meantime I'm becoming the master a new topic ... respect. I am now respecting what goes in the top has a profound impact on what comes out at the bottom. I'm not a master of controlling it, but I've definitely learnt some respect. Also... respecting the power of pelvic floor exercises. Five months of not giving a shit... Literally... discourages respect. Now I have a buttload of respect. Need to master that control too. Let's not say the Doctor didn't warn me... But holy crap!

All the best and good health 

😁

RJG
Frequent Contributor

Hi Phil (now without Pepper).
Yes, the only way of getting an idea of what is happening in there, without sticking a camera in, is to see what comes out. I know this all too well.
For the past 2 years I have been dealing with things being a little too much 'at ease' rather than at 'attention!'. At least that means my visits to the toilet are usually short, albeit not so sweet, and pain free.
Hugs,
Rick
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.